Change a single price to multi-price?

riggz

I have a soda machine that was pretty much abandoned by Coca-cola at my fire station. We have been stocking it with 12oz. cans but would like to expand to add larger cans and bottles. The problem is it appears to use a single price coin collector. The model appears to be a CoinCo 9300 DEX. The machine is a Royal Vendors 415-9.

Can we swap out parts to have different prices for each soda or do we need a new machine?

Thanks in advance.

I am sure it could be changed but it makes no economic since it will cost more than it would to get a newer machine.

You will need to get a different machine that has the features you want.

Walta

You should contact you're local bottler and see if they'll swap it out for you and let you do the servicing - this is pretty common.

This machine appears to be set up for remote monitoring (hence the DEX). You don't need it but these systems cost big bucks and it might be a good incentive for the bottler to pick this one up and get you the machine you want.

They'll want you to buy product from them for a few cents higher than say Costco - but they'll deliver to your door and maintain the machine.

You should contact you're local bottler and see if they'll swap it out for you and let you do the servicing - this is pretty common.

This machine appears to be set up for remote monitoring (hence the DEX). You don't need it but these systems cost big bucks and it might be a good incentive for the bottler to pick this one up and get you the machine you want.

They'll want you to buy product from them for a few cents higher than say Costco - but they'll deliver to your door and maintain the machine.

These coin mechs are old and not really sought after. All it does is make a single price machine give dex information on a limited basis. I am not familiar with this perticular royal, but if it has a control board you can change it to multiprice. We have many of these coin mechs and they are both MDB and old jones plug(single price) compatible.

I have a soda machine that was pretty much abandoned by Coca-cola at my fire station. We have been stocking it with 12oz. cans but would like to expand to add larger cans and bottles. The problem is it appears to use a single price coin collector. The model appears to be a CoinCo 9300 DEX. The machine is a Royal Vendors 415-9.

Can we swap out parts to have different prices for each soda or do we need a new machine?

Thanks in advance.

I have herd of people changing single price units to multi-price on dixie 440 machines here but have never done or seen one myself. There is a guy here that does it for NZ$100 so I will contact him & find out some more info for you. I think he re-wires the loom but not to sure if this also works on the Royal.

I've got a 440 that someone changed over to a multi-price. Interesting set-up. I was told that the board was a few hundred dollars.... In my opinion, I think you'd better stick to getting a new machine...

I've got a 440 that someone changed over to a multi-price. Interesting set-up. I was told that the board was a few hundred dollars.... In my opinion, I think you'd better stick to getting a new machine...

The guy that does them here does't need to replace the board.. I was even told that you can wire them yourself but most guy's here prefer just to pay him to do it.. I tried to contact him but things have been pretty crazy here today as we have had a Tornado come thru.. its strange for this part of the world as we never get them over here!

It's definitely never had any remote monitoring as there is no communications line connected. It's quite old and was abandonded by Coca-Cola about 4-5+ years ago when they discovered we were putting both Coca-Cola and Pepsi products in it.

The guy that does them here does't need to replace the board.. I was even told that you can wire them yourself but most guy's here prefer just to pay him to do it.. I tried to contact him but things have been pretty crazy here today as we have had a Tornado come thru.. its strange for this part of the world as we never get them over here!

If that's possible, I am pretty handing with wiring it up. I've messed around with electronics and was a high and low voltage electrician for 10 years.

It's definitely never had any remote monitoring as there is no communications line connected. It's quite old and was abandonded by Coca-Cola about 4-5+ years ago when they discovered we were putting both Coca-Cola and Pepsi products in it.

If that's possible, I am pretty handing with wiring it up. I've messed around with electronics and was a high and low voltage electrician for 10 years.

If you can do it without changing the board go for it. I've never heard of that being done successfully but Royals are "a different animal" somewhat. I guess you haven't got much to lose. All of my Royals are newer models and will vend the bottles, etc. you're trying to do but I'm not sure if that holds true for a 415-9.

It's tough to fill a machine with just one bottlers products - you always end up with stuff like Mellow Yellow and Fanta that most vendors wouldn't deal with normally.

Its a reasonably simple rewire to change a drink vendor from a single price to a multi price . We have done this to both DN440 and DN368 vendors, we use coinco coin mechs, mei 690 coin mechs with jones plug and buy a simple conversion kit to enable us to add a note acceptor to the machines.

Its a reasonably simple rewire to change a drink vendor from a single price to a multi price . We have done this to both DN440 and DN368 vendors, we use coinco coin mechs, mei 690 coin mechs with jones plug and buy a simple conversion kit to enable us to add a note acceptor to the machines.

Hi Ron,

That's what I had heard about changing form single to multi but I don't own any single price machines so have never had to do it myself . I think you would be more qualified to explain how this is done than me trying to relay the information on how the guy here does it.

Can it only be done on Dixie's or is it possible to also do it on Royal & Vendo's? Do you rewire it yourself or buy the part that you need off someone else & how much does it cost?

I would also be interested to know more about the Jones to MDB conversion kit that you mentioned as I thought this kit was only available when using a currenza coin mech?

Thanks!

Yes you can convert Vendos for sure i have some electro mechanical single price Vendos thats been converted to accept energy drinks just like DN machines but i have no experience with converting Royals. Its to difficult to go into details here mate sorry!.

Yes you can convert Vendos for sure i have some electro mechanical single price Vendos thats been converted to accept energy drinks just like DN machines but i have no experience with converting Royals. Its to difficult to go into details here mate sorry!.

No worries mate.. I doubt that I will be buying any single price units myself anyway's as I am wanting to be able to Dex all my machine in the future.

I do have a few multi price electro-mechanical machine's that I would love to be able to put note reader's on as you have done. Did you purchase the converter kit in Oz or offshore?

How are thing's going for you across the ditch? I herd coke just brought out Natvend but i am not sure if it's a done deal or not yet?

By the way Ron... Welcome back to TVF! I hadn't seen any recent posts from you so I thought you had disappeared.. It's good to have some fellow members on here from Downunder! Maybe we could start up our own Fantasy Football League on here? lol

Do you follow the NRL?

Yeah thanks Kiwi, i do follow NRL but not as closely as i used too. I stopped posting here because its an American forum and i have found that on the whole they are not really interested in anyones view from downunder .things may have changed we shall see.

What you need to do is keep an eye out for some MEI 694 mechs with jones plug these are the best to use on the older drink machines. I see you have been posting on the Brivend forum whereabouts in Kiwi are you located?.

Yeah thanks Kiwi, i do follow NRL but not as closely as i used too. I stopped posting here because its an American forum and i have found that on the whole they are not really interested in anyones view from downunder .things may have changed we shall see.

What you need to do is keep an eye out for some MEI 694 mechs with jones plug these are the best to use on the older drink machines. I see you have been posting on the Brivend forum whereabouts in Kiwi are you located?.

I am based in Auckland but started in vending back in 2000 working for Spring Valley in Sydney. I have been posting on the Brivend's Forum but haven't had much luck with replies as there doesn't seem to be many members posting on there anymore. Maybe they are all too busy drinking VB & watching Cricket at this time of the year!

I do own a few machine's with MEI 690's with Jones plugs & agree that they are very good... I have alot of Coinco Global's with Jones plugs also. They are both very hard to come by now which is why am am looking into the option of using a Jones - MDB converter with the added advantage of being able to put a MDB note reader on. Most companies here wont look at letting you put a machine in now unless you have a note reader. Some are even asking for Credit Card Readers as Coke are offering this now on most of their equipment as a selling tool.

I am also looking into Remote Monitoring Software & Credit Card Readers.. there is a company here called Vendomation that offers both RMS & CCR but it is owned by an opposition company that also does Snack/Drink Machine's so I don't really want to use them. Wouldn't want them having access to what turmover my sites are doing.

Have you had any experience with companies in Oz that offer RMS & CCR like Vendcell, VendCheck or Circumvend?

I forgot to mention that I spoke to the guy that does the rewiring here today & he said it is simple to do like you mentioned & usually only takes him about 20-30 minutes. He also said you would obviously need to use a four-price coin mech.

I am not sure if this is a kiwi invention or an ozzy won but you guy's will probably claim it as your own like you did with Phar Lap,Crowed House,Russell Crowe & Pavlova!

Wait... you can have Russell Crowe!!!lol

Archived