Eagle

bacho

I purchased a used Eagle Double on eBay a couple weeks ago. It's look is similar to the Oak Vista acorn style. I'm a fan of the squared off globe and the machine itself is in real good condition. I bought it with the intention of placing it a kid oriented location because the one wheel is for gumballs. However, my wife got the ok for her real estate office. I tried vending PMMs in the GB wheel but they just kept on flowing out. So, I taped a piece of cardstock in there and that solved the problem. It now vends 7 to 9 consistantly. Now for the review.

Pros

All metal construction - Base, cabinet and coin mechs

Clear squared off plastic globes - 14 lb capacity

Heavy duty cast iron base

Able to store up to $300 in quaters

Easy wheel adjustment for vend amounts. Just loosen three screws and adjust metal wheel

Cons

No coin box or tray, have to scoop out money

Plastic lid with screw lock

Coin mech has to be mounted with just the right amount of tension or it works real rough

All the product doesn't come out of the chute when door is lifted

That's about all I have right now. It's been in service for only a week and so far so good. I would definately buy another one of these and recommend them to everyone. The only drawback for me is the total weight of the machine. I unscrewed the double bracket from the base and reattatched it at the location. I have a hand truck but forgot to take it with me.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

lbizzell78

I would suggest buying them. They're a very well build, sturdy machine. My first service was easy. Instead of scooping the coins out, I removed the metal body and dumped the coins in my bank bag. The coin mech is very smooth. The only thing I don't like about them are, one or two pieces of product has a tendency to stay in the chute. The pitch is not sloped enough. It doesn't happen with every vend but once in a while it will do that. Especially with Hot Tamales.

I saw in another post you are looking to buy the 747. Mine is like that one. The globe is wide at the top and tapers to the bottom. Overall, it's a nice machine and fairly easy to work with. BTW, mine is red also.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I highly recommend them since I am biased and use them on half of my locations, but they are well built and are easy to service, and even though there is no coin tray the dumping into a coin bag is easy once you practice a little bit.  :)

The Mini Giants are also very effective and stand out on location (Made by Westar with Eagle parts, but they are hard to find since they are located in CA) you can also get the 12" round globe from A&A (expensive but worth it) and the center rod as well to put that together on a single stand.  I also have stands from Westar but like I said they are harder to find outside of the West Coast.

The cabinet for the regular heads is also easy maintenance and can hold about 250 gumballs/capsules and double that with an ex cap or two.  That is a lot of product for a small cabinet head.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Luke

There's an adjustment screw that holds the coin mech in place. This prevents it from falling out when I empty the quarters. If it's too tight, the mech binds up for some reason. It could be because it's old.

• Like 1

I run a lot of eagles and i think it is one of the most reliable bulk vendor out there.

you are correct  if the screw is to tight it will bind  up and it has noting to do with the age of the mahines all the eagle do it.

you shuld also look at the .50 cent coin mec from eagle for this vendor they are very very good.

Simon

• 2 months later...

Other Pros:

With the ex-caps you can double the capacity of a single cabinet, and on a double you can increase capacity of each by 2/3.

Also, the gum/candy wheel is universal and vends gum and toy capsules as opposed to other companies' wheels which often use separate wheels for gum and capsules.

For the cons, you don't necessarily have to scoop out quarters.  You can take the box off the base, and "shake" them into a money bag.  If you get it down it doesn't even make that much noise and empties them real quickly!

Also, the lid is normally not plastic, it is a die cast zinc part with sheet metal coating, which is then powder coated.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just purchased several Eagle machines and not familar with them at all. Can someone give me the link to the website for this company? Are Oak and Eagle machines made by the same company? In looking on Ebay for more gumball wheels for these Eagles I saw ads stating the parts were interchangeable from Oak and Eagle.

Joe, I haven't even unloaded these from my van yet but was planning on vending all 1" caps or gumballs and no candy. Are you saying in the above post that the wheel is universal for candy and gumballs so I don't need to buy more gumball wheels for these machines? Also since you have alot of these machines can you tell me where you buy your parts such as the ext. cabs, etc.?

Thanks,

nam

Eagle's distributor:  http://www.superiorwholesalesupply.com

Oak  - http://www.oakmfg.com

They are very similar machines and their parts are largely interchangeable.

The gum/toy wheel will allow you to vend gum and toy capsules, the candy wheel is for candy only.

Astro Vending is also a similar machine, they may use the same die-casts, just pay to have their names put on the chute doors.

Joe,

Appreciate your help and links here buddy!

These machines have the candy wheels so guess I'll be in the market for the gumball wheels.

I clicked on the link for superiorwholesale but every Eagle machine on their website says they're "sold out". Are Eagle machines still being made to your knowledge or do you think this distributor is just sold out?

nam

Call them direct and ask them directly.  They havent been sold out when I called them, I just use their website to get their number and call. 

Oak is also good to deal with, the lady there is quite nice. 

I have been lucky in that I have never had a misvend or a major problem with vending capsules through Eagles.  The only time there was a problem was when an acorn capsule would open causing a necklace or bracelet type toy to wrap around the rod, that could easily cause a jam on any machine.  :)

Since acorns are being phased out, this will mitigate that.

I also use a lot of Oak machines, I like the both of them and use a lot of both.  The thing to watch is when I believe you are vending toys you should take the riser (pie shaped piece) out and leave it in when vending gumballs.  I may be mistaken with this however.

• Like 1

Joe, you may be right about the riser. I have the riser in and it may be the cause of the cap getting hung up. I'll have to try that and see if it makes a difference.

• Like 1

I going to test this on my A&A PO89s and Oaks to see if that is what was causing possible misvends.

I do know that Eagle risers should stay in either way or they WILL vend two or more gum/toys per vend.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Greetings all. I just started in the bulk vending machines, and the routes I've purchased are all eagle machines. I was wondering where I could find some history on them? I understand the company is out of business, does anyone know where I can find replacement parts? I'm just curious the age of the machines I have.

Thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
On 4/13/2013 at 4:59 PM, havending said:

I have been seeing new eagles with plastic lids

I hope this is incorrect. I just ordered 20. They said it was an all metal ( other than the globe ) machine. Can anyone tell me if the lids are plastic? 

1 hour ago, gumball guy said:

They are metal.

Thanks now I feel better. I would have been angry has I been lied to like that. What a shock to open the box!! Lol. Now I'm happy and have faith because I was told the truth.