Vendstar 3000 ratings Poll

joebob051977

• 4 weeks later...

Hi joebob,

Don't really know if you're lookin' for replies, or just votes, but I thought I'd explain my personal votes.

I voted "Looks Nice" because I really like the fact they don't look like an ordinary, every, day run of the mill bubblegum machine. In addition to other factors I have already gone into in the Vendstar Review thread.

I voted "A 6 year old could service this machine" because I dont know how it could get any easier, unless you could access the money from the front of the machine, but the design doesn't allow that. I taught my wife to service this machine in less than 10 minutes! It took me eight years to teach her how to start the lawn mower! (But, maybe that was because of some other reason.)

I voted "Good Durability" because I like to stretch the truth. Wait. What?

OK I know most everybody feels that because these are all plastic they are crap, but we have had really great success with our used Vendstars. 10 machines out for 5 months so far, and only 2 broken doors on the same machine. I think it was the same kid too.

I would never put these in the entrance to a Chuck-E-Cheese, but in store breakrooms and manufacturing facilities, etc... you can make some coin.

Lastly I voted "Mortgage the house and buy 1" because you can't buy these new from the manufacturer at a reasonable price. You have to buy 'em used, cheap. That's how we did it, and are now making money.

Dave

-------

• 1 month later...

I have to agree that these machines have their place. While I don't like the look of the machines and that they are plastic, I think that they can serve a good purpose. Obviously, if you buy them new it is very expensive. That is why I voted "mortgage the house" too.

Joe

• 4 months later...

What is your opinion about the vendstars look and how effective they are at selling the candy? Do you think it makes a big difference?

IMO the looks aren't that bad. I have 9 on location and I sell candy just fine.

There's been dicussions that the a better looking machine sells more candy. I put that theory to test by placing a brand new NAV double with a shiney chrome base aside of a old rusty machine. It didn't make a bit of difference. I changed out the product and the sales went up. The product sells itself, not the machine. Plus a good looking product label helps also.

Great information in addition to the other threads about vendstar 3000's.

I will be starting my business by buying 2 vendstar 3000's, keeping my costs low, and seeing if this is a viable business for me to enter.

• 11 months later...

I bought a Vendstar route(30 locations) in the last year. I had the full intention of replacing all of the machines with NW Tripleplays in short order but soon changed my mind. Most of these locations were solid and rural. To be frank they were not high crime locations and most of my customers are emplyees. In these types of venues Venstar works fine. I really like the canister set up but hate the horrible coin mech. The coin mech accepts almost any coin so if you put it in a Latino location you get about 50 pennys and an empty canister. These are not ghetto tolerant machines!

• 2 months later...

Yes Gumball Guy

I just started vending.  I have 4 Vendstar 3000's.  They are in Factorys, transportation service office and nice office building....thanks to my great locator.

Yes Gumball Guy

I just started vending.  I have 4 Vendstar 3000's.  They are in Factorys, transportation service office and nice office building....thanks to my great locator.

Just who is this great locator you speak of?

I bought a Vendstar route(30 locations) in the last year. I had the full intention of replacing all of the machines with NW Tripleplays in short order but soon changed my mind. Most of these locations were solid and rural. To be frank they were not high crime locations and most of my customers are emplyees. In these types of venues Venstar works fine. I really like the canister set up but hate the horrible coin mech. The coin mech accepts almost any coin so if you put it in a Latino location you get about 50 pennys and an empty canister. These are not ghetto tolerant machines!

That's a great review. I have them, and the best feature by far is that their type of wheels are optimal for Mike & Ike. The locks break, the coin mechs suck, everything is flimsy. However, I got them in excellent condition for 20$ per machine, so on the whole the venture has paid off.

I have 8 vendstars at locations and as yet have not had any problems. The key I think is to buy them cheap,so they pay for themselves quickly.They are good machines for starting out.

Lurtsman, would you purchase Vendstar 3000's again?

It depends on the price really. Given how hard it is to find suitable locations for them, and how easily they break, I don't think I'd buy more of them unless they were already on location. I don't consider the decision to buy the first ones bad though, as the payback period is completed and was acceptable.

• 3 months later...

I have 4 Vendstar 3000 machines and got them to start out to see what vending was all about and to see if this is what I really wanted to do.

I bought all 4 of them already placed on locations for $160.

Due to the locations, It took about 7months worth of gross sales for them to be paid off, but they are still in the same locations today!

due to my 3yr old, I definately would NOT place them in a high traffic area or a "not so" secured area.  My 3yr old has taught me that the machine will vend for nearly anything put in the coin mech.  and with enough force, (for a 3yr old) If you put a chuck e cheese token in the mech, it will give you a handful of product!

They do need to be in the right area, but did I read that right?  It sounds like each machine is grossing about $5.75 a month.  I would seriously think about relocating them.

Although have you checked the product in the machines to make sure nothing was stale?  When you buy a route it should be assumed that all the product is stale, or soon will be.  Pop a quarter in, and taste test it.  If it is fine, move the machines.

• 1 month later...

Yes Gumball Guy

[/quote

If you don't mind me asking... who is your locator? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I have purchased U-turns, 1800, Vendstar, Seaga and Ultravend and Vendstar is my favorite when all is said and done. It is one of the cheaper machine by price, but also quality unfortunately, but as long as you don't buy it new from the manufacturer, then it's a really good price. Ebay is a good place to find them, or I also sell some on my store at www.thediscountvendingstore.com. The thing I like about Vendstar the most is the ease of servicing it. I can be in and out of my locations in about 3 minutes. I really like the fact that all 3 canisters can be taken out separately to change out the candy. The Newer Vendstars have also improved the back door that used to stick on the older ones.

Archived