SnackShop II 435 pricing question

Good Afternoon All,

I need a little help with a SnackShop II 435. I have been asked to configure the prices and am having a little difficulty in doing so. When I set the switches for the prince in the panel by rows, $.05, $.10, $.20, $.40, $.80, they don't seem to add up properly. In addition, the board on the changer has a mode button that allows me to set the row prices, however I can not seem to get that to match up properly either. Do I need to use some combination of both? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what you are referring to as the "board on the changer has a mode button". Your description of the pricing switches on the price panel means that you are running a multiprice machine with a Coinco or Mars multiprice coin changer, likely a Coinco M300. If this is the case then you are only going to use the pricing panel switches to make any price changes.

Choose the selection number you want to change the price on and locate that selection number across the top edge of the pricing board. You will find vertical rows of slide switches in black and white so that you can easily tell which column of switches you should be working with. Let's say you want to set sel. P to .65. Find "O-P" on the top edge and you will see the switches directly under the P are white (black switches would be used for O selection). To turn any switch on you will slide it down. A switch in the up position is off. To add up a price of .65, you would slide the .05, .20 and .40 switches down to add up a price of .65. The .10 and .80 switches should be up. Now with a machine this old and the switch contacts possibly a little corroded, you should work each switch you want to use up and down a couple of times to ensure it makes good contact. Be careful that you don't accidently move an adjacent switch and change the price next to it. After making the price change use coins and test the selection for proper operation. If the vend price is wrong, recheck your switches. You may have move them up and down to clean the contacts a little more.

Thank you for the reply AZVendor. When I set the prices with the pricing panel, I am getting change when I should not be. For example, an item that is set as $1.00 on the panel, still gives $0.15 change when $1.00 is inserted. When you press the selection button with no money inserted, it correctly shows the price as $1.00. I have included pictures of the internals if they would assist. I greatly appreciate your assistance and knowledge. It is truly appreciated.

IMG 0741[1]

IMG 0740[1]

Okay, now I see that you have an aftermarket logic board in it. It is a Versatile Controls board, later called Masterworks I believe, and has to have prices programmed within it. Press the mode button on the right of the coin payout switches on the Versatile board. I'm not sure what you will see on the credit display, but you are looking for a reference to Price/Pric/SetPrice, etc. This may require multiple presses of the mode button. When you are at the pricing part of the menu, pressing any selection button should allow you to raise or lower the price of that selection. Usually the first press of the sel. button begins raising the price. You can release and press it again to lower that price. You need to set all prices this way. You may then need to match the pricing in the old pricing panel below the Versatile board. Your change problem may be that one board is set to $1.00 and the other is set to .85, thus paying change. I will try to find the manual for this at my shop if you need further help.

I have the manual to the Snackshop II, but not the logic board. If you happen to have one laying around, it would be a big help. I am going to check to ensure the prices are set the same on the panel and the logic board. I can not tell you how much I appreciate the help with this. I am working on the machine for our owner's little boy. He is going to use it as a small "store" and keep it stocked.

Good grief AP made that machine in 1975.

Is the machine older than you?

Do you drive a car from the 1970s every day? If not why?

Are they not are the same reasons you should send this machine to the scrap yard!

Walta

I have the manual to the Snackshop II, but not the logic board. If you happen to have one laying around, it would be a big help. I am going to check to ensure the prices are set the same on the panel and the logic board. I can not tell you how much I appreciate the help with this. I am working on the machine for our owner's little boy. He is going to use it as a small "store" and keep it stocked.

Still looking for the Versatile instructions that I should have.........

• 2 weeks later...

The only manual I could find from a Versatile Controls kit is for the 4 price/10 price version. However, the pricing is still done the same way. To set a price, press the right hand mode switch 2 times and the display will show PRI. Press a selection and its current price will be shown. Press the selection a second time causes the price to go up. To stop the price from changing press the selection a third time. If you need the price lower, press the selection a fourth time and it will begin going down. To stop the price again press the selection a fifth time. You can now either enter another selection and begin the price changing procedure or you can press the mode switch to exit the programming.

Please let me know if this has helped you.

Archived