bill changer suggestions

dogcow

anyone have suggestions on bill changer/token changer. I looked at an American Changer model that took credit cards but it was about 6 grand. I'm looking for something $1,500 or under does any one out there take credit cards for that price? If not what is a quality model used changer? I have seen a lot o Rowe 3500s or sale, these look ancient are they still decent units, or possible to get parts and so on?

A Rowe BC1200/1400 is a good dual hopper changer you can find used (I have a couple for sale) and is still supported by Rowe. They will have the BA50 transport head in them or you can retrofit with a Mars VN validator. You can do quarters, dollars or tokens but I can't find anyone who makes a credit card acceptor kit for this changer.

You don't want to mess with the old stuff like BC11, BC12, BC1, and the BC3500 is an old beast of a floor model. Even with Mars kits on these older changers, you will still have the real old power supplies and control boards.

Try ritecount.com for better prices on American Changer units.

Let me know if you might be interested in one of my BC1200's.

I looked at the credit card readers on changers last year at IAAPA because i have location i thought it would increase traffic..only one i seen was the american changer models..but like you said a couple grand , and for that i could get ATM and just place that next to my old changer and actually make money if they want to use the credit card..This was my immediate thought at time..

I am still considering it myself as i think it will increase sales in arcade vs a atm.. because kenny (the guy that rode with us to airport when you gave us a lift at iaapa) put them on his keymasters and it has increased his sales by 20% by people swiping and playing 5$ on key masters..$5 is minimum swipe he uses.. He is also using the credit card reader sorta like that controller c2c sells that gives reports of money in etc for the machines..

HE has showed me his reports, pretty sweet i might say..it will show every coin inserted in keymaster and what time, when they swipe the card etc..he can sit at home and look on pc on how much money goes through all his key masters through the credit card swipers on them..

sooo......This versus the ATM i would say one thing against the ATM is i think people might not want to pay extra to play and it might discourage them,but with swiper it doesnt cost extra so they might go for it more often..

ron

The acct I'm setting already has an atm. They own,ithink I might bite the bullet and get one cause it could be a great wedge to get other acts. Who makes the addon for keymaster? Can it be added to barbercut or any other device?

The acct I'm setting already has an atm. They own,ithink I might bite the bullet and get one cause it could be a great wedge to get other acts. Who makes the addon for keymaster? Can it be added to barbercut or any other device?

talk to kenny out at show,,you buy the beers!! I'm really just repeating what he's said because at this moment i haven't done it yet..Get him to show you those reports on his iPhone,,its pretty sweet..

(see folks,,just one more reason you HAVE to attend the trade shows! its the Vending University or sorts, you could spend years losing out on real dough because your a cheapskate and wont cough up 300 for a plane ticket)

ron

I don't know about all that... I only have one card reader out, haven't even got around to putting them on my KeyMasters. A lot of operators use this company for card readers to install on their merchandisers. Got to call Kenny and find out how to install them.

Talk about being a step ahead....EVERYBODY learned cranes from the MASTER. Thanks Glenn for getting me into cranes.

Glenn was the first out of all of us and the rest just followed.

anyone heard of this? www.coinfree.com, looks better for amusement games because it uses pulse out

so i can stick it on anything that uses a coin line including old changers

Dogcow, do you have any idea what the connection and processing fees are for this? It looks interesting, but I don't see on their website how much it costs to use after the initial install.

• 3 years later...

We bought the usa technologies eport for a rowe  3500. Problem is we cant figure out how to wire it in.  you cant wire it through the bill acceptor since it is serial communication but attempted through the coin slot  but does not respond to the pulsing of the eport interface.  

The machine has to be running the coin mech and validator as MDB.  Until you convert the machine to MDB  you can't use a card reader on it.  More confusing is that it sounds like you're trying to put this on an old Rowe bill changer and that can't be done.

23 hours ago, AZVendor said:

The machine has to be running the coin mech and validator as MDB.  Until you convert the machine to MDB  you can't use a card reader on it.  More confusing is that it sounds like you're trying to put this on an old Rowe bill changer and that can't be done.

Not that I have any experience on eports with Rowe changers, but I have seen it done. I don't know how, but it is possible.

You would need some kind of aftermarket kit to interface to the bill changer.  The changer currently runs a variety of voltages so an interface kit would be needed but I have no idea who would have one.

If your goal is to swipe a credit card and have the Rowe changer pay out token or quarters.

I think it is doable. You need to get a pulse interface harness from USAT. Yes this harness does exist I have had one in my hands. I would connect the USAT to the 1$ test switch of your 3500.

The problem will be getting USAT to admit they will support a pulse interface.

Walta

Archived