Wittern 3500 Soda Machine

so i bought this machine for $250 bucks today, with no key so i couldn't check inside before i bought it, however i did open the little door where sodas come through and took a look inside and it looked pretty cleaned and it felt like it was cooling but it wasnt taking any dollar bills nor did it have any drinks in it to buy...so i still bought it anyway.i drilled through the tube lock and opened it. well the coin mech was all broken, everything else looked good so ima need a new tube lock and a coin mech maybe even a bill acceptor just to update the one i have...i was wondering i might even add a credit card reader eventually but wanted to know what coin mech and bill acceptor i should buy for this machine, let me know your thoughts thanks...here are some pics of the machine...post-4710-0-59931900-1365543515_thumb.jpgpost-4710-0-35051700-1365543530_thumb.jpgpost-4710-0-34325100-1365543600_thumb.jpgpost-4710-0-40132300-1365543817_thumb.jpg

$250 is a good deal and with no key...... Are you sure it isn't stolen?

ha ha no it was at a business they bought another soda machine cause the one i bought was spitting out two waters at the same time they didnt know how to fix it or they didn't know who to call...so their boss bought another one, they were looking for the key but they couldn't find it..the guy they bought the machine from had a spare but i'd have to wait till 5pm i didnt want to wait so i told him id give him $250 cash and he took it...

This is a BC-10. I have one - like it. Needs water slides if you're vending bottles. It's a good machine. You got a steal. Mine has a coinco coin mech. Message me if you don't have your answer by this weekend and I'll check mine. I too have a credit card reader in mine. You can call VendNet if nothing else, and they should be able to tell them. GREAT BUY! Congrats.

does anyone know what coin mech and bill acceptor would go with this machine??? im eventually adding a credit card reader

I have one that has a Coinco Quantam Pro USQ-G702 coin mech that came in the machine but I took that out and put a Conlux 5tube with $1 coin tube.It also has a Coinco BP4sx.John

I have one that has a Coinco Quantam Pro USQ-G702 coin mech that came in the machine but I took that out and put a Conlux 5tube with $1 coin tube.It also has a Coinco BP4sx.John

does yours have a credit card reader also??

This BC10/CB500 is a great buy for the price. Ten selections and it will fit through any door on a pallet jack. Everything will be easy to fix. The machine will take any MDB coin mech or validator and because the machine is MDB, it will be very easy to add a credit card reader. The validator is a real new one and is worth repairing. I can't believe the owner couldn't find anyone to fix a problem and would give it away just because of something simple.

The double vending is either a problem in the Can/Bottle setting or in the drop sensor setting. On the control board cover above the validator you will see a list of the program menu. Once you decide what products you will offer in it, go into the the service mode by pressing the button inside the hole in the top right corner of the board cover. The display will show the number of motors and then press 4 to enter the package settings. The display will show Cbs for Can/Bottle Settings. To change a selection press # then press 1. The display will show C b; press the selection number you want to change and then press 1 to toggle between 'CAn' and 'bott'. To change another selection press # and 1 and then the next selection number to change. Now press 1 until the proper setting is showing in the display. Continue this for all selections and when you are finished press *** to exit this program. Now test the products to see if they vend correctly. If more than one product falls or no product falls then you will need to check the drop sensor setting.

The drop sensor setting is accessed from the service mode by pressing button 3. The display will show 'OPtn' and you will press 0 to perform a diagnostic test of the sensor. When it finishes the display will show the current drop sensor setting. If it doesn't show 'dr3' then press 0 until you see 'dr3'. This is the factory default setting and is where you should always start. Now press ** to exit this program. Test the machine by vending each column to see if everything drops properly.

The coin mech you need is any MDB mech from Coinco, Mars or Conlux. I have coin mechs for $125 if you need one. Validators are $150 if you need one. Exchanges of each are cheaper still. It also looks like the column E in the front needs a product retainer. I have that in stock for $22.37

This BC10/CB500 is a great buy for the price. Ten selections and it will fit through any door on a pallet jack. Everything will be easy to fix. The machine will take any MDB coin mech or validator and because the machine is MDB, it will be very easy to add a credit card reader. The validator is a real new one and is worth repairing. I can't believe the owner couldn't find anyone to fix a problem and would give it away just because of something simple.

The double vending is either a problem in the Can/Bottle setting or in the drop sensor setting. On the control board cover above the validator you will see a list of the program menu. Once you decide what products you will offer in it, go into the the service mode by pressing the button inside the hole in the top right corner of the board cover. The display will show the number of motors and then press 4 to enter the package settings. The display will show Cbs for Can/Bottle Settings. To change a selection press # then press 1. The display will show C b; press the selection number you want to change and then press 1 to toggle between 'CAn' and 'bott'. To change another selection press # and 1 and then the next selection number to change. Now press 1 until the proper setting is showing in the display. Continue this for all selections and when you are finished press *** to exit this program. Now test the products to see if they vend correctly. If more than one product falls or no product falls then you will need to check the drop sensor setting.

The drop sensor setting is accessed from the service mode by pressing button 3. The display will show 'OPtn' and you will press 0 to perform a diagnostic test of the sensor. When it finishes the display will show the current drop sensor setting. If it doesn't show 'dr3' then press 0 until you see 'dr3'. This is the factory default setting and is where you should always start. Now press ** to exit this program. Test the machine by vending each column to see if everything drops properly.

The coin mech you need is any MDB mech from Coinco, Mars or Conlux. I have coin mechs for $125 if you need one. Validators are $150 if you need one. Exchanges of each are cheaper still. It also looks like the column E in the front needs a product retainer. I have that in stock for $22.37

Great commentary as usual, AZ! However, I have found that the double vending in my BC-10 (and BC-12) is NOT the result of the setting or drop sensor (I've adjusted both of those correctly in mine). In my case, and I am vending 16.9 ounce bottles, it is a case of needing to add the fillers - or water slides as some call them. That seems to have resolved the issue - at least in the thousands of tests I've ran. Crazy how a simple thing like that can solve a potentially expensive problem. This double-vend issue in my case was more of an issue for the water selections than the soda, but I am adding these fillers/slides to the soda as well.

Great commentary as usual, AZ! However, I have found that the double vending in my BC-10 (and BC-12) is NOT the result of the setting or drop sensor (I've adjusted both of those correctly in mine). In my case, and I am vending 16.9 ounce bottles, it is a case of needing to add the fillers - or water slides as some call them. That seems to have resolved the issue - at least in the thousands of tests I've ran. Crazy how a simple thing like that can solve a potentially expensive problem. This double-vend issue in my case was more of an issue for the water selections than the soda, but I am adding these fillers/slides to the soda as well.

Beejaykc,

Please don't add the plastic fillers to you can soda columns. That is not what the fillers are designed for and they can cause jams with cans.

so the

Beejaykc,

Please don't add the plastic fillers to you can soda columns. That is not what the fillers are designed for and they can cause jams with cans.

so the plastic fillers or water slides are for 16.9 bottles only??

appreciate it... why do you think i wanted to buy it right there and then...if the guy with the spare key came i probably would have to pay way more, he would of been telling them to charge me more...AZ, ima inbox you about the coin mechs

Yes, the plastic fillers are intended only for 16 and 16.9 oz bottles, primarily water, but are also useful with 16.9 oz soda bottles. They are to prevent products jamming in the rotor as it rotates to reload. Sometimes the rotor will grab and dig into the plastic bottle. The shim changes the angle the bottle lays against the rotor to prevent that. They will likely jam any can column you might use them.

You sure got a great deal on the machine, those don't come around very often. Are you needing a coin mech for the machine or the product retainer in the front of one of your columns?

Yes, the plastic fillers are intended only for 16 and 16.9 oz bottles, primarily water, but are also useful with 16.9 oz soda bottles. They are to prevent products jamming in the rotor as it rotates to reload. Sometimes the rotor will grab and dig into the plastic bottle. The shim changes the angle the bottle lays against the rotor to prevent that. They will likely jam any can column you might use them.

You sure got a great deal on the machine, those don't come around very often. Are you needing a coin mech for the machine or the product retainer in the front of one of your columns?

AZ - will these fillers/slides also help prevent bottles from turning upside down and verticle in the machine thus rendering the column useless as it can't put a bottle in the chamber? I've had that problem with my BC-10. Maybe I'm loading incorrectly?

AZ - will these fillers/slides also help prevent bottles from turning upside down and verticle in the machine thus rendering the column useless as it can't put a bottle in the chamber? I've had that problem with my BC-10. Maybe I'm loading incorrectly?

No they won't unless the problem only occurs when the bottles drop to the level of the filler. That's when the plastic on plastic friction can overcome the bottle because there's no/less weight on top of the bottles to keep them straight. The bottles tipping in the column can also be caused by incorrect adjustment of the rear spacer or the front product retainer door (too much room in the column) or bridging of the bottles when they get stuck next to each other. I think you are running all 16.9 though, aren't you? I know the Coke bottles are shaped in such a way that they kind of wobble because of their shape. You may also have more trouble with Dr. Pepper because of the angle shape of that bottle. The first thing to do is make sure you take up the space in the column front to back by properly adjusting the rear spacer if in a rear column or the front retainer door. Don't make it too tight, but too much space gives the bottles room to rock and wobble.

No they won't unless the problem only occurs when the bottles drop to the level of the filler. That's when the plastic on plastic friction can overcome the bottle because there's no/less weight on top of the bottles to keep them straight. The bottles tipping in the column can also be caused by incorrect adjustment of the rear spacer or the front product retainer door (too much room in the column) or bridging of the bottles when they get stuck next to each other. I think you are running all 16.9 though, aren't you? I know the Coke bottles are shaped in such a way that they kind of wobble because of their shape. You may also have more trouble with Dr. Pepper because of the angle shape of that bottle. The first thing to do is make sure you take up the space in the column front to back by properly adjusting the rear spacer if in a rear column or the front retainer door. Don't make it too tight, but too much space gives the bottles room to rock and wobble.

I think I have a front product retainer door issue as evidenced by the fact that it's been the front column both times it's occured. I'll work to fix that. Hate those darn doors. Thank you!!!

I feel like I should be paying you for your specific advice. Kuddos to you! Thanks for helping the little guy.

Yes, the worst part of the BC12/CB700 and the BC10/CB500 is the pitiful sheet metal they build some of the stuff out of. Some of their production pieces look like the old Polyvend stuff - just stamped sheet metal. Those product doors are one of the dumbest designs. They could have easily done something like what Royal uses on the GIII front columns (adjustable guide rails on the front edges of the stacks).

should i be getting a 3 tube or 4 tube coin MDB mech for this machine, eventually ima get a credit card reader i dont know if that matters....where i plan to place it is at a call center...

i was looking at a Mars VN 4510 MDB Four Tube Coin Changer

or a MARS TRC-6512 MDB Coin Changer

3 tube is fine for most, but if you expect to get lots of fives, then a 4 tube is the way to go, because you can put an extra $1 coin or quarter tube in there to avoid running out of coins

Oh and yeah cc readers are pretty expensive so personally I'd only put them in a place with lots of traffic to make it worth it. Examples include malls, parks, etc

Unless the call center your looking at has lots of young employees who prefer cards vs cash, then I wouldn't do it. Even if it does have lots of employees, I'd put it in there without a reader first to see if sales are exeptional. Only then I'd consider a cc reader, because its no use to put a cc reader in a mediocre account

• 4 years later...
On 4/9/2013 at 7:06 PM, beejaykc aka Munch A Bunch said:

This is a BC-10. I have one - like it. Needs water slides if you're vending bottles. It's a good machine. You got a steal. Mine has a coinco coin mech. Message me if you don't have your answer by this weekend and I'll check mine. I too have a credit card reader in mine. You can call VendNet if nothing else, and they should be able to tell them. GREAT BUY! Congrats.

ello! Can you please tell me where I can find a water slide? I just bought a few of these machines ($400 each.. is that a good deal?) and I noticed the water bottles are all getting stuck. I tried removing some so as to not have so much weight, don't now if that will work..?

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2013 at 5:15 AM, beejaykc aka Munch A Bunch said:
On 4/9/2013 at 9:55 PM, AZVendor said:

When you say "water slides", do you mean the white-platic-stickers on the sides? I was fortunate to buy many of these machines at one low price, always trying to learn about them.

They do seem to be le creme de le creme for machines. Very friendly towards beginners, yet high-quality.

DO NOT put the fillers on your soda selections if they are cans.  If they are bottles then put them in only as needed.  I have a few of them but not many because USI only puts one in each machine for a water selection.  You should have few problems with 16.9 soda because the bottles are hard.  Water has issues because the bottles get softer when cold.

Archived