Polyvend machine

I have a 4 wide polyvend its a good machine the problem I have is most of the coils are only 8 deep. The price sounds ok to me I would buy it if I didnt have to drive an hour plus to get it.

Looks like a 4420.  Two shelves of four wide, then a 8 wide candy shelf then a four wide pastry shelf.  I have one, twenty selections really is limiting for a good location.  Apparently if the BV is a Maka it will not be reliable.  Mine is dead.  The other thing that I have read is that the connection harness for each shelf is delicate.  The way the harness moves with the shelf in mine I can certainly see that after a while it will wear out.  I will likely replace it with a 32 selection and maybe put a working validator in it and put it in a slower location.  Or sell it, but I'd be surprised if I could get $750 for it.  Take all that with the knowledge that I've been doing this for about a month.  ;)

Mike, I wouldn't even consider it if it doesn't have 6 shelves.  Polyvend made these in a variety of configurations of 4, 5 and 6 shelves.  Most or all had Maka validators, though I've seen later machines with Coinco validators.  The picture looks like it's only showing 4 shelves and that plus the likely Maka validator means it's probably not worth more that $300.  I looks like the seller may think he has gold here.  There are also very few parts available for them anymore as Polyvend has been gone for about 15 years now.  (I do still have some) As stated earlier, the weakest link in these besides the Maka is the shelf harnesses that plug in on the right side of the shelf midway back in a vertical connection.  This means that every time the shelf is pulled out and pushed in the harness moves forward and back and eventually the front wire will break from all the flexing.

Thanks!

I'm trying to stay with AP machines because of parts is easier to get.

I did talk to the person who owns it at Sams one day, but he don't work on his own machines, lost the location where the machine was at and been sitting outside where the picture was taken. I'm afraid the moisture will get in it and have nothing but problems with it. 

This is on craigslist in my area of Louisiana could somebody guess as to what model and is it worth buying?

I actually do know the person who owns it, just would like some info on it.

Thanks mike

http://lafayette.craigslist.org/bfs/3743822145.html

I hate to rub it in here Mike but a local pro refurbisher here is selling a whole slew of these for $350 each - he just wants them out of his warehouse.  He sells all of his other machines (even the old Rowes) for north of a grand each so that should tell you something.  I'm fully aware of your struggles to find decent equipment in your neighborhood but you should pass on this one - at any price!

Maybe we all should start a new charity called "Send Cajun Some Good Stuff"  ;D

I hate to rub it in here Mike but a local pro refurbisher here is selling a whole slew of these for $350 each - he just wants them out of his warehouse.  He sells all of his other machines (even the old Rowes) for north of a grand each so that should tell you something.  I'm fully aware of your struggles to find decent equipment in your neighborhood but you should pass on this one - at any price!

Maybe we all should start a new charity called "Send Cajun Some Good Stuff"  ;D

Ok moondog

As long as you pay shipping, I will take any top of the line AP machines you send!! ;D

Send me all the charity! B)

mike

I wouldnt take any machine with a maka. South Louisiana is a used equipment waste land. You can find some good stuff in Houston but that's as close as I normally get.

The machine has a upgraded bill acceptor (mars) just prefer to stay with AP machines for snacks.

Thanks for everybody input on machine.

mike

ps

Passing on it!

Archived