VENDISCUSS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Big Mike

On 11/21/2016 at 0:38 PM, kiwi said:

I am guessing that you WON this week in your other league....

The other league is a total joke as they've all given up after I've stomped them all into submission - the King could have a ball over there.  With a three game lead and 200 points cushion I could quit now and still win.  At this point I'm thinking there are a bunch of people out there who sign up for about 30 teams in hopes of qualifying for that Yahoo post season contest and then just blow off all their teams that are not doing so good.  There's one guy  over there still starting Adrian Peterson and CJ Anderson.

16 minutes ago, moondog said:

The other league is a total joke as they've all given up after I've stomped them all into submission 

Maybe we could start a 2x team league so that I could kick your golpher every week ;D

Seriously though... you know that I won't be giving up against you next week. I look forward to our matchups more than I enjoyed winning my championship (not that you would know what that feeling is like) ;D 

I am sure that I must be ahead in wins against you by now... you can add another loss against your record next week because the THUNDER are coming after YOU!!! ;D ;D ;D

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 0:29 PM, kiwi said:

No Monday morning update today?

;D ;D ;D

No,  We're just sitting here hoping that Jordy has a melt down on the way to the stadium - short of that we're SOL on this one but the boys did put up some good numbers this week (enough to jump past Mainor)  and at least we made you sweat a bit.

On 15/11/2016 at 10:40 AM, Grazing Hippo Vending said:

Hippo is coming for you!

I am looking forward to this matchup mate...

Things obviously didn't work out for you with Witten but I think our remaining players should make things interesting.

I actually contemplated picking up Witten when the waivers cleared to block you from having him... I am glad that I didn't now but in NO way do I think it's over yet.

Good luck mate!

On 28/09/2016 at 8:10 AM, Grazing Hippo Vending said:

Im off to Vegas with the wife in a couple of weeks so hopefully Im getting all of the bad luck out of my system now!

How was your Vegas trip... I would love to go their some day!

On 13/11/2016 at 3:26 AM, kandyking said:

How is the commoners bowl shaking out this year without HRH to lead the pack.  Which of you simpletons have emerged as the pack leader?  

Do you really need to ask! ;D

Once again... the man from Down Under is beating you yanks at your own game!!! ;D ;D ;D

On 12/2/2016 at 1:35 PM, kiwi said:

How was your Vegas trip... I would love to go their some day!

Great trip as always! We love Vegas. There is always so much going on. I go at least 2x a year and the wife generally comes along 1x per year..... :)  We actually spent over an hour talking to a married couple from New Zealand. They sat next to us at dinner one night. Pretty wild comparing the differences between New Zealand and the U.S. Price of cars down there, sneakers, your minimum wage, etc. The guy told me my New Balances weren't considered "cool" down there but Jordans would go for like $350. Maybe I will start a sneaker export business next.....

Witten sucked! 1st time since 08 that he didn't catch a single pass. I was battling for a .500 season. Now I'm like Buffalo in that I'm thinking about next year!

-Mark

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grazing Hippo Vending said:

The guy told me my New Balances weren't considered "cool" down there but Jordans would go for like $350.

I wear New Balance shoe's... I would never pay $350 for a pair of shoe's so I guess that I will never be part of the cool club! 

Prices here are ridiculous... especially when you also consider cost of living v's average income! 

The average house price here is nearly  $1m but most people only earn around  $45K even though stats suggest that the average income is $75K... I was lucky that I purchased a house back in 2003 because otherwise I would not be able to afford to buy now...

35 minutes ago, Grazing Hippo Vending said:

Witten sucked! 1st time since 08 that he didn't catch a single pass. I was battling for a .500 season. Now I'm like Buffalo in that I'm thinking about next year!

It's been a weird year for FF... even though I have only been playing for 3x years it seems like it's been a very unpredictable season.

I've made the playoffs but my money is on "Show Me Your TDs" to take it out!

Who invited these new guys to play anyway ;D

Better luck next year mate

Cheers

Kiwi 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kiwi said:

I wear New Balance shoe's... I would never pay $350 for a pair of shoe's so I guess that I will never be part of the cool club! 

Prices here are ridiculous... especially when you also consider cost of living v's average income! 

The average house price here is nearly  $1m but most people only earn around  $45K even though stats suggest that the average income is $75K... I was lucky that I purchased a house back in 2003 because otherwise I would not be able to afford to buy now...

Yea its crazy! They were a young couple and said there house was 600k and that it needs alot of updating. They said it was really "basic". The guy was a Tobacco Salesman (who even knew that was a thing!) and his wife was a secretary. They could only afford a 12 year old Subaru due to insance car prices. I told them in my area 300k gets you a very nice house and you can get a decent starter home for 100k. My house was 250k and when I showed them a couple of pics they couldn't believe what I got for that money. He said my 2016 Grand Cherokee would be like 100k or better down there (I paid 50k here, Overland 75th Limited Edition).

I don't get how people can afford to live decently where you are even with your high minimum wage. Are you making decent money in vending? 

6 minutes ago, Grazing Hippo Vending said:

Are you making decent money in vending? 

Most of the money I make in vending goes back into buying more equipment & as you can imagine "new" equipment doesn't come cheap.

A "new" bevmax will set you back around  $10K here & that is without payment systems... your looking at another -$7OO coin mech $500 bill acceptor & around  $1000 for credit card reader!

Thinking about it makes me want to move to the US ;D

It's been a weird year for FF... even though I have only been playing for 3x years it seems like it's been a very unpredictable season.

I've made the playoffs but my money is on "Show Me Your TDs" to take it out!

Who invited these new guys to play anyway ;D

Better luck next year mate

Cheers

Kiwi 

I like my team, untimely injuries and poor showings accounted for a few losses. Your team looks to be on a bit of a streak. I'm just going you cool down for the playoffs!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

I like my team, untimely injuries and poor showings accounted for a few losses. Your team looks to be on a bit of a streak. I'm just going you cool down for playoffs!

To be honest... I am just glad that I don't have to face DJ in the playoffs because he single handedly destroyed my chances last year!

It should be ano interesting championship as I think anyone in the top 4x teams could take it out... I just like your teams playoff matchups so I think that you have the best chance!

My AB & Bell have Baltimore & Jordy has the Minnesota in week16 so I think I am screwed... that's if I make it past week15 :rolleyes:

Good luck mate!!!

Atleast I know that the mooners aren't going to WIN!!! ;D;D;D

On 11/29/2016 at 3:22 PM, moondog said:

No,  We're just sitting here hoping that Jordy has a melt down on the way to the stadium - short of that we're SOL on this one but the boys did put up some good numbers this week (enough to jump past Mainor)  and at least we made you sweat a bit.

Hello... earth to moondog... are you there?

I get a bit worried about you when you don't post on here for a couple of days... hopefully you are just out on a date with one of those Russian women that you keep talking about?

Or maybe your just sulking.... ;D

On 12/7/2016 at 1:17 PM, kiwi said:

I am just glad that I don't have to face DJ in the playoffs because he single handedly destroyed my chances last year

Who needs DJ when you have....Le'Veon Bell!!!

;D;D;D 

On 12/6/2016 at 7:17 PM, kiwi said:

To be honest... I am just glad that I don't have to face DJ in the playoffs because he single handedly destroyed my chances last year!

It should be ano interesting championship as I think anyone in the top 4x teams could take it out... I just like your teams playoff matchups so I think that you have the best chance!

My AB & Bell have Baltimore & Jordy has the Minnesota in week16 so I think I am screwed... that's if I make it past week15 :rolleyes:

Good luck mate!!!

Atleast I know that the mooners aren't going to WIN!!! ;D;D;D

Unfortunately for me, I have to play you week 15. I'm in the championship in 2 other leagues, so I guess I'll be satisfied either way(especially since one of them in guaranteed a minimum of  $200), but it sure would be nice bragging rights to make a clean sweep.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 6:48 AM, QuikVend said:

Unfortunately for me, I have to play you week 15. I'm in the championship in 2 other leagues, so I guess I'll be satisfied either way(especially since one of them in guaranteed a minimum of  $200), but it sure would be nice bragging rights to make a clean sweep.

Good luck this week mate! :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, QuikVend said:

You might have given me a bit too much luck! Barring a herculean, monstrous game by Cam Newton, I should pull off the upset.

I was hoping that I was just having a BAD dream & that I was going to wakeup & the scores would be different.... ;D

No such luck for me!!! ;D ;D ;D

• Like 1

Atleast I will be able to sit back & enjoy watching some football next week without constantly checking box scores... 

Although I will be quietly cheering for you on the sidelines to take out the championship!

Good luck next week mate!!! (not that you need it)

Edited by kiwi

I was hoping that I was just having a BAD dream & that I was going to wakeup & the scores would be different.... ;D

No such luck for me!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yea, a few not so great games from your top guys really hurt.

Glad I could help relieve the stress of staying updates lol. I'll make sure to include you in my victory speech if I pull it off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1