AP 7600

What's the difference between the 7600 and 113?

The 113 is one model newer but I prefer the 7600 - I've got about ten of them and am looking at the Revision Door myself.  The 7600's can't be beat and $400 is a great price - add an R Door and you'll be state of the art.

The 113 is one generation newer than the 7600 and has a smaller, more reliable logic board with a few more bells and whistles.  Both machines are solid and reliable and vend motors are interchangeable.  You obviously will have to give more for a 113, as it's a newer machine, but good values can be found for either one. 

Just to let you know the Revision doors are nice but you are putting them on obsolete machines. Remember if for some odd reason you have cabnet wireing harness problems and short a harness beyond repair then nobody makes replacemaent harnesses for these machines. I know thats quite unlikely but is still a possibility. I see no use to put a revision door on an AP113 at what the door cost. A 113 is already MDB and DEX capable so all you are doing is dolling ot up.  It does so much for a 7600 making it MDB and Dex capable and changes the looks of the machine completely. Yet a 7600 is so old that I would began to worry about getting cabinet parts in the future. Plus if memory serves me when you put the door on a 7600 you also then have to provide the machine with a MDB Changer and validator. I could pick up a nice used National 932 for what they want for those doors. Yes we have had accounts that wanted updated equipment so we sprung for the doors and saves over all instead of getting used equipment. We did ten of them for one location saved us money. BUt if the machine looks nice is already MDB capable and DEX ready a TUFFFRONT kit and a new light kit does wonder for these machines and cost a whole lot less.

Just to let you know the Revision doors are nice but you are putting them on obsolete machines. Remember if for some odd reason you have cabnet wireing harness problems and short a harness beyond repair then nobody makes replacemaent harnesses for these machines. I know thats quite unlikely but is still a possibility. I see no use to put a revision door on an AP113 at what the door cost. A 113 is already MDB and DEX capable so all you are doing is dolling ot up.  It does so much for a 7600 making it MDB and Dex capable and changes the looks of the machine completely. Yet a 7600 is so old that I would began to worry about getting cabinet parts in the future. Plus if memory serves me when you put the door on a 7600 you also then have to provide the machine with a MDB Changer and validator. I could pick up a nice used National 932 for what they want for those doors. Yes we have had accounts that wanted updated equipment so we sprung for the doors and saves over all instead of getting used equipment. We did ten of them for one location saved us money. BUt if the machine looks nice is already MDB capable and DEX ready a TUFFFRONT kit and a new light kit does wonder for these machines and cost a whole lot less.

That is a dilemma.  There's no  arguing that the AP 7600 is an older machine.  My hope is that Vendors Exchange will keep making the aftermarket parts for these machines, including things like the harnesses which they don't make now.

I refurbish snack machines part time when I not doing my route servicing - just did a couple of Witterns this past week.  The more I dig into the various machines, the better I like the 7600's.  Every aspect of them seems to be of a higher build quality than the others, even the newer AP machines.  I've only refurbished maybe 20 different snack machine models of the 3 major brands and there are still quite a few I haven't tackled yet so if anybody out there knows of a better snack machine, I'm all ears. 

That said, the day I have to rebuild a harness will surely be a long one, but I can do it if I must.

There will never be any replacement cabinet harnesses made for any of the older AP snacks.  AP stopped producing the older harnesses a few years ago and the newer harnesses from the 120 series are no longer available because the outside manufacturer of them went out of business and AP didn't feel the need to purchase the tooling to make more.  That's how un-responsible AP had become before they sold to Crane.  Now it's even worse.

There will never be any replacement cabinet harnesses made for any of the older AP snacks.  AP stopped producing the older harnesses a few years ago and the newer harnesses from the 120 series are no longer available because the outside manufacturer of them went out of business and AP didn't feel the need to purchase the tooling to make more.  That's how un-responsible AP had become before they sold to Crane.  Now it's even worse.

VE is actually making (or having someone else make) a lot of AP parts.  Do you think they might ever make the harnesses as well?  I can make one if I have to, but I'd rather pay the money.

No, there isn't enough of a demand for them to produce them so they and everyone else refuses to even consider it.  It's a real pain in the golpher for us repairmen when we can't get replacement parts we need.

No, there isn't enough of a demand for them to produce them so they and everyone else refuses to even consider it.  It's a real pain in the golpher for us repairmen when we can't get replacement parts we need.

Hmmm,

Could be a niche there if I ever decide to become a complete masochist  ;D

Archived