is $500 a good deal for a DN glassfront drop?

That is a good price if the machine is complete.  Do you know if it works and cools?  If not cooling the worst case is a $700 compressor.  I see dents in the bottom of the door so the entire cabinet may be rough. I also see a Conlux validator, so it's probably a MDB machine.  A properly setup and working Bevmax needs tall gates, product slides with pushers, a working drop sensor and, of course it must cool properly.  Look it over real well and try to have them run it for a couple of hours to see if it cools.  I see product pushers though a couple are missing so you will need some new slides.  The gate look like the taller ones.  This could be a great buy.

That is a good price if the machine is complete.  Do you know if it works and cools?  If not cooling the worst case is a $700 compressor.  I see dents in the bottom of the door so the entire cabinet may be rough. I also see a Conlux validator, so it's probably a MDB machine.  A properly setup and working Bevmax needs tall gates, product slides with pushers, a working drop sensor and, of course it must cool properly.  Look it over real well and try to have them run it for a couple of hours to see if it cools.  I see product pushers though a couple are missing so you will need some new slides.  The gate look like the taller ones.  This could be a great buy.

AZ,

You must have a much better monitor than me or you've got 15/15 vision - I can't see any of that stuff :blink:

That is a great price by the way - as long as the compressor deck is good

AZ,

You must have a much better monitor than me or you've got 15/15 vision - I can't see any of that stuff :blink:

That is a great price by the way - as long as the compressor deck is good

Moondog

get a bigger monitor, I can see what AZ is talking about and I have just a 20" monitor. ;D

mike

Moondog

get a bigger monitor, I can see what AZ is talking about and I have just a 20" monitor. ;D

mike

I've already got a 20" monitor.

As my eyes get worse my other senses get better.  For instance, in Dogcow's posting I can sense a handicap of some sort and there seems to be a white sedan involved - not sure what this all means but it's kind of interesting in a weird way.  :blink:

Good buy. I just sold one for $1100.00. Had the tall pushers. MDB validator and Mech. I personally go around the drop sensors. The main reason they where there is for safey reasons when using glass . The sensors are easy to get out of adjustment. The reflector would get dirty or even condensation would collect on it causing bad reflectivity and cause the machine to beep incessently. Drives the customer nuts. Been doing it for years Never had a problem. Not one. In fact when we got refurbed units from Pepsi there refurb people in Colorado automatically go around the drop sensor.

The drop sensors are also installed to prevent customers from losing money and to allow them to make an alternate selection before getting their money back.  Additionally, the second sensor, if installed, is above the delivery flap to prevent blocking of the flap that allows free vends as the machine allows vend retrys.   If the machine is not messed with and care is taken with the drop sensors, they won't cause any problems.  The newer sensors that have a light for aiming them have eliminated most of the mis-aiming problems that cause the intermittent beeping.  There is no reason to bypass the sensor unless it is bad, as they are not hard to aim if you know what you are doing.

AZ I know how  to adjust and aim the sensors. I just got tired of having to get up at all times of the night when those sensors mess up. It drives the customer nuts.  Been doing this almost as long as you and IN the past  15 years  I have not had One Problem or complaint from a customer because the sensors are gone around and as I said the refurb center for Pepsi now goes around them when re furbing a machine.

• 4 months later...

AZ I know how  to adjust and aim the sensors. I just got tired of having to get up at all times of the night when those sensors mess up. It drives the customer nuts.  Been doing this almost as long as you and IN the past  15 years  I have not had One Problem or complaint from a customer because the sensors are gone around and as I said the refurb center for Pepsi now goes around them when re furbing a machine.

is this a big issue with the bev max?

It's only an issue when a vendor doesn't know how to adjust the sensor or ignores the complaints that it beeps a lot and just lets it go on.  Properly aiming the sensor isn't hard to do and it's even easier with the newer sensors because they have an LED light that shines on the opposite side of the machine so you can see where it's aimed at.

I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in the pot

AZ is correct about any good repairman can adjust the drop sensors.....  And repairman is also correct about Pepsi disconnecting them......

Here is why and when.

The first sensors had no beam and that made them very difficult to align. When they came out with the sensors with beams they had also moved on to the BevMax. Drop glassfronts are not Bevmax's they are 5591 and 2145's I believe. A BevMax has a Picker cup.

OK the reason why Pepsi service techs disconnected the sensors was because the Route Drivers (I will be nice) would stack their products in that big area inside the main door. I would see Sobe Glass bottles stacked clear up to the board. Guess what that did.? After spending a lot of time trying to align that cheap plastic mounting bracket on that sensor it was knocked around by the Route Driver (Again I will be nice) Our yearly bounces was tied to how many repeat calls with in 30 days we had. Not quite fair since that repeat was because the Route Driver was (Not going to say it) not paying attention. LMAO

You just can't believe what I have found stuffed in there.

Now if you own one and you fill it yourself you most likely will not have to much trouble with the sensors especially if it has the beams.

Lubricate glides with teflon not silicon....... Teflon is harder and doesn't leave a residue and won't discolor the glides. 

I more thing if the 5591 don't have the push doors on the drop chute do not load the bottom shelf customers can reach up in there and steal off the bottom shelf. Or at least put something cheap like 12 oz water. Definitely not energy drinks. 

Thanks for the information.  When getting one of these glassdrops is it necessary to lubricate the glides when refurbishing/fixing up the machine just in case?

Just took a 5591 on trade...... Traded a D/N 501-E at $1100.00 and allowed $400 for 5591....... I will be stopping at car wash to pressure wash machine. 

The only problem with it is the cold control is bad. It has the updated cooling deck installed which by itself is worth $400. It needs the anti theft kit put in deliver box to prevent theft from bottom shelf. This guy thought he was selling a lot of energy drinks till a nice lady told him the employees were stealing. The owner was standing there at the time and got very angry saying if finds out who they are they will be fired.

The following should be inside the 5591's door but just in case I will paste it.

SERVICE MODE MENU ITEMS

SERVICE MODE
A Next Item
B Cash Box
C Sales
D Display Temperature
E Set Cool Down
F Clear Totals
1 Number Sold
2 Enable Item
3 Sales by Column
4 Escrow
5 Force Vend
6 Audio Feedback
7 Set Regular Prices
8 Happy Hour Prices
9 Test Vend
0 Clear Errors

TEST MODE
A Next Item
B List Errors
C Self Test
D Display Test
E Keypad Test
F Auto Sequence
1 Tube Fill/Dispense
2 Daylight Savings Time
3 Set Not Available Mode
4 Set Credit Timer Mode
5 Door Open
6 Power Out
7 Test Health Guard
8 Display Health Guard
9 Test Vend
0 Clear Errors

SETUP MODE
A Next Item
B Enter Message
C Clear Message
D Enable/Disable $
E Clear Cool Down
F Master Reset
1 Machine Number
2 Set Happy Hour
3 Set Not Avail. Time
4 Winner Mode
5 Date/Time
6 Total Sales
7 Health Control Enabled/Disabled
8 Drop Sensor Enabled/Disabled
9 Set Cool Time
0 Enter New Password

SETUP MODE 2
A Next Item
B STS Enabled/Disabled
C Custom STS Configuration
D Default STS Configuration
E Display STS Configuration
F Set Vend Limit
1 Health Recheck Enabled/Disabled
2 Set Retry Limit
3 Sold Out Enable Enabled/Disabled
4 Price Display Enabled/Disabled
5 Sensor Override Enabled/Disabled
6 Interval Clearing Is On/Is Off

After allowing it to dry a day or two I will plug it in and run test.

First test from test mode is item C. This is self test. Push C and star. You should hear a vibration as it goes through each actuator and then Display 9 errors.  9 errors is normal because the board was built for 6 shelves and only 5 are present. If any more than 9 errors you have 1 or more actuators that are not working.

So now test mode and F Auto Sequence. What Auto Sequence does is fire all the actuators 1 at a time until you stop it. Very useful to make sure all of them are working. Make sure you do not do this with machine full and door open. :huh: 

After this I will test bill validator and coin mech and any other electrical issues.

Some paint if need be. 

Now is the time to put the teflon on glides. While they are empty and clean.

This now is a very good vendor and should give no trouble for along time. I am sure enough that I will warranty it for 90 days parts and labor if it isn't over 30 miles from home. Parts only if over 30 miles.

• 3 months later...

The model 5591 is the MDB version of the original Bevmax and has tall gates, spring loaded product pushers and usually two drop sensors to prevent cheating of the machine.  Older Bevmax's have to be upgraded to this point, so the 5591 is the version with all the upgrades on it from the factory.

You can wash the interior of the Bevmax without hurting anything but pressure washing is not recommended as there are fragile parts there. Use a regular hose and soapy water with a stiff brush. Scrub the product slides and around the gates then rinse real well. Dry with some towels and then put a fan on it for a few days to dry it out. Make sure the water gets nowhere near the electronics in the coin mech compartment. You can also hose out the condenser of the cooling unit to remove accumulated dirt. Put another fan on the cooling unit to dry it.

If you need any parts for this send me a PM and I can send whatever you need.

Archived