My... experience with Kickstart Locators

So I ordered a single head silver package from Kickstart two weeks ago, it was my first time using Kickstart so te location was supposed to be free. However I received an email from Theresa with payment info, it was originally made out for the platinum plan I disputed this and had it reduced to the silver package.

Stupid me not realizing I was about to pay $40.00 for a free location sent them my PayPal info, when I asked why I was being billed for a free location and requested a refund I was told I could only be offered a credit.

I filed a dispute and later a claim against Kickstart with PayPal, in doing this Robert Patterson with Kickstart cancelled my location order, it has been over two weeks I have had no leads and I am now out $40.00 and a location.

Does anyone know how I should peruse this???

Sounds like you made some new friends! ;D   You're right, you're first location is free and they gave me a platinum triple head location ($52) for free.  If I were you, I wouldn't buy the silver package.  I've had to pull two of my six placed by Kickstart, under silver package. It's worth the extra $10 for that insurance in case the location is a loser or you get kicked out later on.  I stopped using Kickstart because they wouldn't do anything about the locations (or even one) that I pulled due to very low performance ($2-3/month).  They stick by their policy and didn't seem to be bothered by losing my business.

If I were you, I'd email them and ask them to get you your free location and use the $40 credit towards your locations and be done.

Seriously how does kick start stay in business ?? With all the negative feed back about them on the web. They can't be getting that much business.

Seriously how does kick start stay in business ?? With all the negative feed back about them on the web. They can't be getting that much business.

I knew Rob before TVF or Kickstart were even thought of. I can tell you that he is always thinking of ways to make a buck. He is a marketing guru and I think he considers his locating business a success. All he wants is the first sale. There is an unlimited supply of new vendors willing to send him money.

He also has many other businesses going so the locating is probably not his top priority.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

His business model seems to be like that of most scam artist. As long as he's finding new suckers why worry about those who have already paid their money. There is nothing Rob could ever do that will change my opinion of him. He has proven to be both a Liar and a Thief.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• 6 months later...

Wow I really should of read this two hours ago. I got a free location and paid for another. Hope I don't get screwed.

My advice to you is if you don't at least think the locations they send you are "good," then do NOT accept them.  Once they are marked as "placed," if you don't buy platinum package, they don't want to help you.  Even with platinum package they still charge $20 for replacement.  That was the mistake I made when I used their services...I accepted locations I felt were sub par just because I needed to get machines out of the garage; then later on I was only collecting $2-5 a month on a triple or the business closed.  They CAN get good locations; you just have to push them to.

Besides for self locating, I have been using LRU exclusively. I would like to find a 2nd locating service that I feel is trustworthy so I can place my machines even faster. That being said, I could NEVER trust Kickstart or Rob. Based on everything I have read, the guy and his business are not to be trusted. It's a shame because a trustworthy locator could make a fortune. Hopefully Darwinism will weed out clowns like Rob sooner rather than later.

Besides for self locating, I have been using LRU exclusively. I would like to find a 2nd locating service that I feel is trustworthy so I can place my machines even faster. That being said, I could NEVER trust Kickstart or Rob. Based on everything I have read, the guy and his business are not to be trusted.

There are some who would say you ARE trusting Rob/Kickstart by using LRU. :ph34r:

There are some who would say you ARE trusting Rob/Kickstart by using LRU. :ph34r:

Well stated Sherlock! I should note that much of my trust for LRU rests on one very important factor. By using TVF escrow service, LRU has shown that they are willing to trust TVF. When other locators decide that they are ready to trust TVF (thereby trusting ALL of us) then I will happily reciprocate that trust by trying out their service. I see no reason to not exclusively use (trust) locators who utilize TVF escrow services.

Does TVF escrow service make me feel like Big Bad Leroy Brown (the baddest man in the whole damn town)? Absolutely!

I don't know much about how Kickstart or LRU operate, I know they both use call ceners in other countries. My expeerience with Kickstart so far has been positive and my experience with LRU was negative. LRU could not deliver locations after several weeks. They gave me a lot of excuses and finally after some pressing admitted that their phone system doesn't work in my area. I have no idea what kind of phone system they are using that would not be able to call businesses in my area. Kickstart has always filled my orders, and usually pretty quickly. Sometimes you get duds and sometimes you get winners, but that's how locating works. They aren't psychics, they don't know what locations will generate great revenue and which ones won't.

• 2 weeks later...

They have been both good and bad for me. I did the free trial and they got a great location which ended up being kicked out due to fact they needed the room so that wasn't their fault.

I got a replacement and I went to the location today to drop it off. The owner said that Kickstart said it was a rack and he didn't want the machine as his own were coming. So no problem just reject it and move on. Here's where it's gets weird. Kickstart sends me an email and says that the owner said I never came by today and that I need to go drop it off. Unless I'm living in a parellel universe I'm pretty sure I was there today and talked with the guy. At this point even though it's free it still costs gas and time, I may be reaching out to LRU or Ned if he's still around.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 3 locations from KickStart a month ago, 1 free and 2 paid, all with $10 upgrade for only restaurant/bar/grill. A week later I get an email asking for more zip codes, I gave 2 more in addition to the original 3. Since then they have found 2 locations but I had to reject them because I already have machines in those locations. So as of today, one month later, I still am waiting on all 3 locations.

I'm not impressed by ANY locator lately! I took a vacation day today,and went out and landed two locations within an hour.If I didn't have to work full time and travel and hour away to land more locations all the time,I wouldn't use a locator at all.

I'm not impressed by ANY locator lately! I took a vacation day today,and went out and landed two locations within an hour.If I didn't have to work full time and travel and hour away to land more locations all the time,I wouldn't use a locator at all.

Good for you.

2 in an hour is great.

Just keep two things in mind:

1. You were locating in person. Locators like KSL are locating by phone. Very different.

2. There are good days and bad days locating. Sometimes you get 2 in an hour. Sometimes it takes 2 days to get 2 locations.

I'm not disputing your points.

They are valid and I agree with your view.

Just trying to add some additional insight.

Any new information or recommendation for in-person locators?  Last one i used stole keys from me and used those locations to finance his subsequent visits to acquire 'new' clients.  Surely there has to be an honest locator that won't lie, steal or screw you?  

Any new information or recommendation for in-person locators?  Last one i used stole keys from me and used those locations to finance his subsequent visits to acquire 'new' clients.  Surely there has to be an honest locator that won't lie, steal or screw you?  

Who was that? Would be nice to warn others.

• 1 year later...

Archived