Double triple one - what do you think?

entervendingman

Manufacturer of "Entervending Twister bulk vending machine" had developed another one item I'd like to present here.
It has 6 separate dispensers adjusting for gumballs, candy or 1 inch capsules. Coin mechs support single and double coins purchasing. It has all metal body and acrylic shatterpoof transparent panels. Conteiners are locked with double tubular locks. Due to its weight machine has rolls in bottom and handles from behind for convenient move. 

What is in sight for this machine? Would you operate it? How manufacturer could else update it?
I very appreciate your thoughts so please express them here.
Thank you! 

post-6418-0-01753900-1377873685_thumb.jpg

What is the cost of the machine and it's dimensions?  I like the concept though, I think this machine would have a very limited purpose on my route.  The location where I think a machine like this could really shine are my super busy Mexican joints with very limited space.  A place that would struggle to accomodate a traditional 5-7 way rack.  

Pros:

Small footprint

Clean design

Easily vend .25 or .50.  

Maneuverability seems fantastic.  

By picture only those looks like solid coin mechs and doors

Coin collection looks like a breeze

Cons:

Not nearly as attractive as a traditional rack.  Boxy.  Blah.

No room for live displays on my 1" product.

Servicing the bottom 3 compartments looks like a pain in the arse.

Changing product or replacing a broken arm on a capsule wheel would be a pain in the arse.  Looks like you'd have to pull the entire machine apart.  

Limited use.  Any location that can support 6 selections generally has the space for a traditional multi-way rack with flat vending.  I don't see much this machine has going for it that you could not accomplish with two 1-800 triples.

Suggestion:  Cut the machine in half.  You should be able to access the bottom 3 heads by simply unlatching the top half of the machine and folding it down.  

I agree with nearly all of the points and suggestions Rick made.

I like that it's compact for busy spots with limited space.

That's what it really has going for it.

But, without knowing the price and seeing how one services the bottom row, it's hard to know whether this set-up is worth losing the ability to do flat and/or 2" on top.

Something I prefer to do on almost all of my racks.

Any more pics to see the inside of the set-up?

What's the price?

I think it would have been appropriate to stay in bulk vending.  It's a new looking type of machine and our community would benefit from seeing new styles of machines that are being manufactured.  I don't think this falls under self-promotion (which is what the pipeline is more intended for).  

But I also respect the decision - you don't want to open up the door for other vendors to be able say "Well they did it, why can't I?"  

My 2 cents.  

Sales pitch or not, the whole point of the pipeline is for posts such as this. It gets just as much exposure as any other place on the forum.

If a designated supplier "starts" a thread about his or her own product or service, regardless if it is meant to be a sales pitch or just looking for suggestions, it should be done in their respective forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Exactly the reason why I'm so adamant about these posts going here. This section won't get any action if there is nothing here to view.

You don't put your child's marbles on the stairs because you know he'll find them there. If you want him to find them, you put them where they belong and soon he will know where to look for them when he wants them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I can see it being good for an entryway of a restaurant or such that has too much sunlight coming through that would fade the product, so it'd protect that, but I'd prefer to buy machines that have better viability.  I think the machines should let the products sell themselves and those product windows are very small for toy displays.  It reminds me of a Toy n Joy.  It doesn't stand out to me.

Thank you all for skilled responses.

Its dimensions are 53'Hx16'Dx12'W. Its price is unknown yet, because this machine is just in working out stage. This pics are shots from 3D modeling program.

I'd posted it here to recieve opinions from real users of vending machines about its pros and cons. Now there are many things I can resend to manufacturer.

Also I'll request pics of inner space to discuss it too and answer some of your questions.

Thank you one more time for prudentials.

All that sheetmetal and paint makes it look like it will be an expensive machine. I think designing a small rack made from square or round tubing to hold two triples would have to be considerably cheaper.

By the way, Northwestern makes a similar machine:

http://www.nwcorp.com/products/machines/tripledouble/

Maybe you could find some people on this board who already own one of Northwestern's machines and get some user feedback to make sure your machine improves on any weak points of Northwestern's design.

Maybe you could do pad lockable wheels 

Like maybe put holes in the wheels and Put a u shaped bolt near it so a padlock could be installed 

It's very resonable, orsd, thank you.

I know often people use chains and locks even for single stands at unreliable locations. I'll request manufacturer design some hooks or slits in machine base for that reason.

• 3 weeks later...

I would never buy it. I have picked up similar machines on routes I bought and usually throw them away. They are just not something that merchandises or services well.
thank you musser for honest response. do you mind tell me, what feature was the biggest pain for you?

Archived