TVF's Locator Mediation and Escrow Service

caserri

We are pleased to let everyone know that our new Locator Mediation and Escrow Service is now operational. Please take a moment to view the attached document for an outline of our new services.

The locator "store" is now online. To access it, simply click "Locations" from the menu above. We have commitments from several locators and we will be adding them to the program very soon. We see this program as a win for all involved so I hope everyone who uses the locators on TVF will begin to utilize the services of program participants.

Once again, the attached document should answer most questions about this new program but if you have other questions, please ask them below.

(83501223) benefits_howto.pdf

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of answers to possible questions...

Q - What happens after I pay for services in the store?

A - Your information will be immediately relayed to the locator(s) and they will contact you to finalize the order and get any info they need such as zips, etc.

Q - Can I order directly from the locator instead if completing the store checkout?

A - Absolutely. However, your purchase will not be protected under the program and you will not be able to take advantage if our location or money back guarantee.

Q - How does this benefit TVF?

A - We receive a small fee from each sale. We are hoping to move away from being 100% funded by member donations, which, quite frankly, fell short more months than not. Because plastering the forum with advertising is not an option, this program will give us the revenue needed to be able to stay online uninterrupted.

Q - How can I be sure I'm buying from a reputable locator?

A - If you are not familiar with the locators listed already, you can make your decision based on the customer ratings and reviews. Each listing will contain a 5 star rating scale as well as written reviews from actual customers. (Only those who actually purchased are allowed to submit reviews) We encourage everyone who purchases a location through this program to leave feedback for future members. In addition to the ratings/reviews, there is always our guarantee of a location or refund when purchasing through this program.

WOW!  Very well done you guys.  I'm never buying direct from a locator again as a way of giving back to TVF.  This is a very valuable resource that I'm betting over time will be appreciated by locators as much (if not MORE than) us vendors. Thank you to everybody who had a hand in this.

Is there any foreseeable plans for Locators dealing with sticker machines?

We are accepting participation from any interested locators. Including those who locate sticker machines. As we move forward with this, adding more locators, I'm sure there will be some that do this.

I'm betting you could call just about any of the locators listed and get a quote.  If it's a standalone machine it's probably in line with their prices for placing a triple.  

Yes. I believe River Bend does. I'm just waiting on confirmation from them and they will have a listing up soon.

I think this vendiscuss escrow idea is great. It allows for total accountability as well as providing support for this forum, a win-win. I applaud River Bend for signing up, it shows me they have the best of intentions in providing their service to vendors. Any doubt I have about you has been erased. Good luck!

Thanks MC! Just wait until we get more participating. Imagine what a resource we will have when there are 5 or more locators to choose from.

I'm pretty sure LRU is going to participate. Gale said she'd get back to me but she's feeling a little under the weather right now.

We had several interested initially but no one has followed up. Hopefully once they see that this program is how our members want to do business, they'll come around.

How typical.

My experience from a customer's view: Most are all talk.

Agreed. We've seen it before with other initiatives around here and I've come to expect it. I simply cast out a wide net in hopes of pulling in a few.

Once we get a head of steam with this, I'm sure they will reconsider. If our members want this to be the new norm, non-participating locators will have little choice if they want to sell their services here.

You know this application has a ton of potential and I think before long it will be the standard. Other options I would love to see is locators accepting call list, members could prepay for x number of locations and submit a call list for locator to work off of.

You know this application has a ton of potential and I think before long it will be the standard. Other options I would love to see is locators accepting call list, members could prepay for x number of locations and submit a call list for locator to work off of.

I think that would be a do-able option. Maybe if the participating locators see this, they will consider it. It would be easy enough to do on this end.

Got a couple if emails today from locating companies who are not even members here. One of them said they were contacted by a potential client who told them they would like to use their services but only if they participated in this program.

Wow.

I was assuming that when bulk slows down in the winter and operators are focusing more on family and holidays they would have a lull.

Makes sense.

Hadn't thought about it, but holidays likely do slow down.

Maybe TVF's locator service can have some kind of Holiday Promotion.

Archived