Bevmax 2 model 5800 won't deliver the product

AZVendor

Before retiring from pepsi I noticed none of the service techs here or at the refurb centers knew anything about the BevMax's so I wrote a pamphlet it has help them. It starts from approaching the vendor to closing the door and walking away. It is 9 pages hope this helps

No copyrighted material was used so feel free to copy... Also if I am incorrect on anything feel free to tell me. I am not perfect and when there isn't anyone who can help you have only yourself to rely on...... 

20131019_062611_zps2753c0ba.jpg?t=138218

20131019_062654_zpsab2a8fb1.jpg?t=138218

20131019_065315_zpsa290d917.jpg?t=138218

20131019_065627_zps9e78aa34.jpg?t=138218

20131019_065926_zps2d4a33a6.jpg?t=138218

20131019_062733_zps0fe3cf38.jpg?t=138218

20131019_062755_zpsd17c1eac.jpg?t=138218

20131019_062815_zps014c61a1.jpg?t=138218

20131019_062834_zps63593898.jpg?t=138218

Walta - the Y motor board was still secured on all of its standoffs. 

Rmorris - I am also wondering if my encoder numbers are whacked.  Do they normally change within 100 each time you reach home?  The only time the cup slammed anything was when I played with the Hookswipe number and it moved too far to the right.  I reset it to where I found it - 93871, which is a 590 difference from what you said the default should be.  I make the Hookswipe change before I did the Master Reset and didn't check it again after the reset. 

I did not know about Set Shelf Location, so I don't know what it's currently set at.  If this is a Bev 2 and the Shelf Location is set to something other than "D", will the plunger do what I described?  I'm pretty certain this is a Bev2, especially since the Y motor board is green, the guy has had it a long time, and based on the serial number of 8483-0108.

You also mention that the Shelf Offset should be 1700, but is that on a Bev3 or 4?  My Shelf Offset was at 9200 when I first checked it and the Bev2 manual states it should be 9700.  This change also made no difference in the operation. 

Lastly, thank you for the troubleshooting guide.  I like it very much and I think others will also find it very useful.  I wonder if you could fax it to me at 623-486-0192?  The only thing I believe you left out is in paragraph 90 where you didn't mention that the door switch must be pulled out before moving the cup.

AZ if the shelf location is incorrect it won't align itself in the right vend location..

Spacing of shelves were changed after Bev 2

Having a different number on the encoder after the return to home would leave me to believe it is counting incorrectly. Once everything is set the numbers should always be close to the same.

The shelf offset on bev 3 and 4's was default of 700... I am not sure about the 9200. When I wrote the pamphlet we had moved on to the 3's and 4's....

Did you look for the sheet pasted inside the door? If there it will tell you what it is for the particular machine..... 

By the S/N it looks to be pretty close to the first ones built......

http://www.aecosales.com/Library/Library_Dixie/Glassfront%20BevMax%202%20Model%20DN5800%200001-8446CD%20to%200001-8487AE%20Technical.pdf

Hey there, I pretty much had the exact same problem with a Bevmax 3 two years ago. I bought the machine brand new and it worked flawlessly for about a year, then the hiccups began. I tried everything suggested in this thread and even the DN techs couldn't help me. The last thing i was going to try was to switch out the main controller. But before i did that, i examined every little component, screw, motor, harnesses, etc. and found that DN had inadvertantly threaded one of the belts incorrectly at the top of the vertical rail. Instead of the belt being threaded around the pulley, they threaded it around one of the bolts, which caused the belt to eventually malfunction and cause the carrier cup to exhibit the exact symptons you're experiencing. A simple re-threading of the belt eliminated the problems. Just wanted to add something else to look for...

AZ if the shelf location is incorrect it won't align itself in the right vend location..

Spacing of shelves were changed after Bev 2

Having a different number on the encoder after the return to home would leave me to believe it is counting incorrectly. Once everything is set the numbers should always be close to the same.

The shelf offset on bev 3 and 4's was default of 700... I am not sure about the 9200. When I wrote the pamphlet we had moved on to the 3's and 4's....

Did you look for the sheet pasted inside the door? If there it will tell you what it is for the particular machine..... 

By the S/N it looks to be pretty close to the first ones built......

http://www.aecosales.com/Library/Library_Dixie/Glassfront%20BevMax%202%20Model%20DN5800%200001-8446CD%20to%200001-8487AE%20Technical.pdf

I have a bevmax 2.  The D shelf is the locator shelf as you said.  Also, I believe 9200 was the default.  My bevmax 2 is a very early model, but it is definitely a bevmax 2.

Hey there, I pretty much had the exact same problem with a Bevmax 3 two years ago. I bought the machine brand new and it worked flawlessly for about a year, then the hiccups began. I tried everything suggested in this thread and even the DN techs couldn't help me. The last thing i was going to try was to switch out the main controller. But before i did that, i examined every little component, screw, motor, harnesses, etc. and found that DN had inadvertantly threaded one of the belts incorrectly at the top of the vertical rail. Instead of the belt being threaded around the pulley, they threaded it around one of the bolts, which caused the belt to eventually malfunction and cause the carrier cup to exhibit the exact symptons you're experiencing. A simple re-threading of the belt eliminated the problems. Just wanted to add something else to look for...

This makes sense!

I am pretty much done with glass front vendors! I am seeing nothing but headaches, frustration and service calls. All my locations are getting 2 stackers instead of a glass front. It is really too bad Royal does not make a 12 select/12 column machine anymore! Oh well!

I am pretty much done with glass front vendors! I am seeing nothing but headaches, frustration and service calls. All my locations are getting 2 stackers instead of a glass front. It is really too bad Royal does not make a 12 select/12 column machine anymore! Oh well!

Don't get discouraged.... The BevMax 4 is a really good vendor and it will increase your sells... Understanding the operation is the key. Knowing how anything works is what makes it simple to work on. 

• 2 weeks later...

To all who have posted help with this machine, I apologize for not updating you with the solution.  It turned out this Bev 2 has newer version 80.81 software that is not original to the machine, so that whenever a Master Reset is performed, the board defaults to an Extended Cup setting.  This Bev 2 still has the original short cup, so the extended cup setting caused the cup to hit low on the delivery door.  The Bev 2 manual makes no mention of Extended Cup, Hook Swipe settings or Shelf Position settings, so I was not looking at those areas.  It was the Bev 4 info shared here that led me to check for those settings and then I found that I had to disable the Extended Cup setting.  I also had to adjust the Shelf Position due to the plunger hitting the bottom shelf and almost missing the target on the top shelf.  All is now well with the machine. 

Thanks to everyone for their help with this.

Try setting the motors properly first, since that can be the easiest thing to do, then check the diagnostics to make sure that the board knows exactly where each shelf is.  I'm guessing you have several problems which makes it impossible to narrow it down to 1 problem.  Make sure the board is set up for the right cup assembly!

Looks like it's time for you to give yourself a nice face palm!

BevMax 4 is probably the easiest of a all glassfronts to work on. Vue and Royals can be a nightmare. Before doing a master reset make sure you know what BevMax and what control board you have.

The hook swipe and shelf offset is written inside the door. If not check factory diagnostics and write them down

283682f2-d203-4a79-aae0-f7c875b02860_zps

Here is the copy of the laminated card that accompanies the new BevMax's that seem to disappear. They were made to carry in your pocket. Most have been removed

20131105_041014_zpsf29ec42b.jpg?t=138364

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone and greetings from Cadiz , Spain .
I hope you can help me with a Dixie Narco BevMax DN 5800 I bought second hand. My problem started about a month ago , when apparently fell from a bottle container and jam the axis Y. The next day , I saw the message Y axis error. I checked the engine and remove all ,saw that the problem was the plastic gears.

label is 85490081 AF so i think is model BMax2, isn´t right?

IMG_20150929_1457571_zpsaktbvjay.jpg

IMG-20151024-WA00071_zpsqdge250g.jpg

I tried to find those gears but it was impossible , so I decided to buy two new motors like this,

2014822112136914.jpg

so i have at least one spare . When I installed it , I put the container in position A9 and sent him home.The axis X worked well, but the Y axis did very fast and positioned midway. using keypad in factory diagnostic mode, the cup was erratic even bumping up and seemingly in reverse. Finally I tried to place the old engine, using the new gears from new motors, and got the motor was positioned at home well, but now can not get him to go to the appropriate positions. I did a master reset and I'd like to tell me step by step what should I do to get moving in the right positions.

I have user manual in english and spanish , and read bulletin from crane, about harnesses jumper in old models , but my motor have black cap, like news. Dont understand what happen then.

There is no technical service near me, who know how works these machines. We usually work with european models,  so any help or advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Pd. Forgive me for my english, hope yoy can understand something i wrote ( google translator is a disaster so i prefer remember my school english)  :unsure:

I post some pics to identify my machine

IMG-20151024-WA00051_zps8zb8vd9v.jpg

IMG_20151023_190333_zpsfwic1vzt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After investigate , machine is Bevmax 2 and software 80.60A . Trouble is original motor, broken,  and new are the same but not the encoder. I tried to install the old little mainboard with the encoder from old motor to the new but does´nt works fine, Perhaps the soldering iron damage the disk so the only solution is to buy another motor from Crane directly. 220 $ with shipping  :( 

Mi machine doesnt have the jumper harness as say bulletin 66 from Crane

I believe you have the correct motors if there isn't a jumper. The white motors were only used for a short time. In factory diag all three lights should be on on the main board. If in the home position. Always go to home before trying to vend after each adjustments you might make. If you don't its count will be from where the cup is sitting. So if you are say in position D-2 and you do a test vend the cup will slam the top and right side. This can destroy the gears in motor,

Be sure to check shelf location location Bev 2 is different than 3 and 4. Check hookswipe,  You can also swap motors around X and Y are the same. See if problem follows the motor. If it stays and doesn't follow I would suspect the small board at the top of the rail.

Don't have a book handy at this moment but that should give you a few ideas. 

Thanks for your reply rmorris

I think i´d tried everything. Master reset, changing old X motor in Y position and works fine. But If install one of the new motors,  in test mode if press F ,then moves very fast and stop in the middle, not at home

Only i can read in new motor is this:

label_zpss9w1ymv3.jpg

Since we operate many Bev Max machines, I stock the motor update kit that includes the new gear. PN 647.010.300.04.  Whenever a Bev Max comes in from location we always make sure it has all of the updates needed: Tall picker cup with sensor, changer mounting and coin return assy, selector and coin return assy, X/Y axis assy, bottom ramp, coin return cup, and of course computer board. The master kit costs around $800 but is worth it if you have an original Bev 2.

If any one wants additional part numbers email me at drvend@att.net.

*PS-Had I seen this thread sooner, my original gut feeling it was the picker cup setting. I operate 75 or so Bev Max.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived