Can I vend 23mm gumballs in machine that can do 1"?

cramlow82

Looking to buy 1080 count (23mm) instead of 850 count (1").  I have Vendmaster machines and the wheel is adjustable.  Will this be an issue at all?  I don't want to vend 2 like I've heard some people do.  If I close the wheel up just a little bit... will it work fine?

This is not a candy wheel... the other head has the candy wheel.  This is a wheel that can be adjusted... I never needed to because I have be using 1", but if I can get more gumballs for about the same money, I might as well do it if there isn't much of a size difference

I can get 23 mm gumballs(1080 count) for about the same price as  1" (850 count). And if the difference is only 1/10 of an inch, I don't see it causing any issue in the machine or any drop in sales due to size.

So if I pay $3.00 more for purchase, I get 230 more gumballs, which comes out to $57.50 more gross.

I can get 23 mm gumballs(1080 count) for about the same price as 1" (850 count). And if the difference is only 1/10 of an inch, I don't see it causing any issue in the machine or any drop in sales due to size.

So if I pay $3.00 more for purchase, I get 230 more gumballs, which comes out to $57.50 more gross.

Ok I'm sorry I see that I misread the org post I was thrown off by the 23 mm. 1080 count is becoming the new standard as more and more guys use them. You need the 1080 wheel all major machine makers have them for their machines

I doubt there is none for your machine

I vend the 1430,1080, and 850ct gumballs in all of my locations mixed up. I just use a rocket wheel and riser with no issues.  Haven't had one comment on the change in the size.  The customers tell me that once in a while they will get 2 gumballs instead of 1 but I can live with that.

I run NW Super 60 and Oak style machines.

Looking to buy 1080 count (23mm) instead of 850 count (1").  I have Vendmaster machines and the wheel is adjustable.  Will this be an issue at all?  I don't want to vend 2 like I've heard some people do.  If I close the wheel up just a little bit... will it work fine?

To answer your question, yes you can do this.  You just have to make sure you close the wheel enough so that only one 23mm gumball goes through at a time.  I have a few exclusive locations I switched to 23mm gumballs and my sales have not dropped at all.  Good luck!

Archived