Waterproof/Weatherproof machines... or modifications

cramlow82

There hasn't been much info on this in my searches:

Are there any machines that are waterproof or weatherproof?  Or has anyone done any modifications to machines so that they can stay outside?

If I can find a cost effective machine or modification, I want to see if it is possible to get into a local amusement park. 

And since we are on the subject of outside machines... I understand chocolate candy would be bad... but do gumballs and hard candies do okay with sun/heat?  Or is this just a bad idea all together?

I seem to recall a thread on here in the past where somebody did pellets from a bulk machine at a city park pond to feed the geese but the machine was constantly vandalized and of course issues cropping up due to weather exposure.  If I did something like this I'd think a Seaga Triple (or the equivalent - cheap metal machines) with a bike lock at minimum.  And even then expect to replace the machine due to theft/weathering/rust at least every 3-5 months.  You'd need a machine to absolutely kill it ($100+/month) to waste your time with this.  

I was approached by a company that has a outdoor mall in South Alabama. They do concerts, events ect. On top of the everyday shopping there is a ton of foot traffic. My idea for machine placement was to build a kiosk with roof, walls, and lockable doors. With two cranes, two racks, and a bill changer. I've seen a similar set up around here. I never pulled the trigger because it seems like a huge head ache with all the multiple variables for a disaster.

Archived