Help...Reburbishing a DN5591

delb101

Hey Yall

I got a Dixie Narco 5591 I am refurbishing it and had a couple questions

I will be vending 12oz cans, 16.9 oz Soft drinks and 20 oz PowerAde / Gaterade

Do I use the same shims for 12oz cans as the 16.9oz bottles?

Do I need shims for the 20oz powerade and Gatorade drinks?

Can someone help with what shims I need for those 3 items.

I noticed when I bought the machine they have  sensor jumper to by pass the sensor. Does everyone always by pass this sensor.  If I buy a BRAND NEW sensor and install new Reflector tape shouldn't that correct the problem. Is all sensors messed up in the 5591?  Everyone I talk to by passes them.

Is there 2 sensors in the 5591 or just 1?  So If by pass the sensor the customer will lose their money on the RARE occasion that a gate does not open or gets stuck......correct?

Thanks

Del

The 16.9 oz bottles will use a thinner shim than the can use.  The can shims will work for 16 oz cans, 16 oz water or anything with the same diameter as a 12 oz can.  You generally don't need a shim for Gatorade but Powerade uses a shim.  The vend sensor is to prevent products from dropping on other products and to allow a customer to make another selection if theirs doesn't fall.  You are correct that if you don't have an operating sensor some customers will lose their money.  I disagree wholeheartedly with people who disable the sensor and claim they have no issues with that.  The sensor is there for a purpose and is a great benefit when products don't vend as they should.  Your machine will have a dual sensor if you see an additional hole in the side wall above the top of the delivery bin or you see what's called a "daughter board" mounted just above the main logic board.

I have parts for this machine if you need any - you can send me a PM.

I have a number of these machines in my fleet, although recently we converted the last 2 across to combination machines with one chip tray and one chocolate tray. The shims for these machines are a nuisance as a result we have converted them all across to be shimless just like the Bevmax 4. The ability to do this has only been available within the last 12 months or so but to me its well worth the expense.

Reel, if you're saying you have converted an original Bevmax to an elevator style Bev 4 what do you mean? Or do you mean you have removed the products that require spacers and only run things like Gatorade in your converted machines?

yes I should have said Bevmax Entray, I purchased the gates from the local Dixie Narco distributor.

I will make an enquiry with the Australian agent who lives near me and provide you with  as much details as I can, just give me a few days. 

Not sure if this is the gate Ron is referring to.. 

Thanks Kiwi, I cannot afford to load a picture like that lol. I sure hope that assists AZVendor, however I will get the info for him from Brivend the Australian distributor. 

Lets just hope John is not to hung-over from his Australia Day celebrations!! lol

By the way.. Happy Australia Day  :rolleyes:

Thanks, Kiwi.  That is a real help and I can contact DN about this new part.  It's funny that I've never seen or heard about it before.  It would save every operator from trying to figure out which spacer will work with which product.

Ron, if you get the PN I would still like to know what it is so when I speak to DN I know what I'm talking about. 

I have a number of these machines in my fleet, although recently we converted the last 2 across to combination machines with one chip tray and one chocolate tray. The shims for these machines are a nuisance as a result we have converted them all across to be shimless just like the Bevmax 4. The ability to do this has only been available within the last 12 months or so but to me its well worth the expense.

I have thought about doing this myself.. did you also change the drop sensor to the Entray drop sensor?

Hey...if someone comes up with the Part Number for the Unispacer will you please share it?

My DN distributer thinks that is probably a aftermarket and NOT made by Dixie Narco.

He could not find it at all in Dixie Narco parts.

Thanks

Del

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The Unispacers do not exist and never really made it out into the wild.  You need to use standard selection shims.  You can email me for shims at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.  Tell me what products you intend to vend and how many selections of each.

23 hours ago, cmazur71 said:

I realize this is an old post, but did anyone ever find these UniSpacers?   

The uni-spacers were independently manufactured by an Australian company but were discontinued a couple of years ago. 

Archived