Finding pennies in my Uturns

Junior

Hello all.

I have a route with Uturn machines.

Lately, I have been finding pennies in my machines and the candy levels are low, but there are not enough quarters to justify the low candy. I know there are probably tricks to make the Uturns release candy repeatedly.

Does any one know about more of these tricks and more importantly, how to prevent it from happening?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, so generally is what's happening is that they are sticking a penny in with a quarter and it gets stuck in there. It will just spin around over and over if it is the generation before they put the knock out's in. If you have a Uturn coin mech that looks like this: 

Then you can buy a "knock out screw" from Uturn (as cheap as a hardware store). The one's you get a the hardware store are not the right length. Gotta love that! LOL

Any ways, if you have a rectangle handle, the back is most likely the same as the pic below.

If it is, add the screw to the lower hole and run it down till it bottom's out. Don't do to much tightening or it will strip out and then your burnt! Below is what it looks like with the screw in it.

The new coin mechs have this in it already and have other upgrades. They are still not better than metal, but if you buy metal from Uturn it's like 30-40.00! 

If you  do that, you might as well buy Oak's or a good tripple and sell the Uturn.

Any way's, hope this helps!

Thanks Rodney!

Now that I know what is going on and how to remedy it, I am going to test each machine as I swap them out for cleaning.

I don't know how prevalent it is in all of my machines. I have been finding the pennies in just a few locations, but I will check them all now that I know what is going on.

Again, thanks Rodney!

Thanks Rodney!

Now that I know what is going on and how to remedy it, I am going to test each machine as I swap them out for cleaning.

I don't know how prevalent it is in all of my machines. I have been finding the pennies in just a few locations, but I will check them all now that I know what is going on.

Again, thanks Rodney!

Your welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions.

No, it's a machine screw, which means it's flat on the end of the threads so it doesn't cut into the plastic. The ones you get from the manufacturer are just long enough to touch the carrier wheel, not cut in. 

Archived