yet another atm question

redmms250713

Im going to be buying my first older atm to get me started... It only uses dial, but the place i want to put it in doesnt have a phone line, but they do have interenet. Is there a way to convert it to internet? Or maybe a majic jack into or something? What would you suggest. Thanks!

You have 2 choices, you can do a Systech dial to IP converter.  These work well, but they are $179 from www.atmequipment.com or you can spend the cash on a wireless box that handles dial.

In general, Magic Jack will not work.  You may get it to work, but it won't be stable.

What model ATM are you buying?  be careful, often the seller does not know the master passwords.  On some ATMs, not an issue - other it's a big issue. Along with the Master passwords, you need to know the Master key passwords.  Once again, not an issue on some, big issue on others.

You got yourself a Triton 9100 there.  I'm not a big fan of them, there are a lot still out there.  $250 is a good price.  I've seen them selling for $400 all day long.  Really check out the passwords, they are sort of dicey.  Specially the keypad passwords.  If you don't have it, you will need to send it in to get flashed, which is $75 (I think).

The keypad (also know on those as the SPED board)  has battery issues.  If the battery goes dead, you need to re-key it every time you lose power. The battery is not one you can buy at Walmart either.  Depending on a version, it can only be fixed by Triton.

If you've looked at the dispenser already, it's a crazy crazy design. You need to flip it around and the cash box looks like something Mattel made.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived