Coin counting scales for quick commissions

indiana

I know I read about this here last year, but for some reason, when I search for "coin scale" or "quarter scale" or "coin counting" I can't find the thread.

To count all the quarters at a location as quickly as possible--to determine a commission and reduce the time spent at each location--I know I should use a scale.

Anyone using these? What one is the best or easiest to use?

maybe this:  http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/13381-acucount-b101-vs-acucount-ac603-coin-scales/?hl=scale

I purchased one.  Kind of expensive for a small time operator.  But work really well for fast counter.  The display shows the dollar/cents.  It would satisfy any location owner he is getting his fair share.

Bart

• 4 months later...

Acucount best scale ever hands down.

+1 on this. The AC 603 is a great scale for what we do. Solve your money counting problem once. Buy this scale and you can check that off your list. If you buy a cheap scale, when it breaks, you'll be right back where you are now, buy quality or buy price?

• 1 month later...

I don't think it can count mix bags.   There is not a coin counter that would do that unless it has a off sort on the coin counter.

If you use coin mechanisms that have drop thru back plates you are still going to have to sort thru the coins to remove  the

nickels, dimes and pennies before you count  the money no matter if you use a scale or coin counter.

maybe this:  http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/13381-acucount-b101-vs-acucount-ac603-coin-scales/?hl=scale

I purchased one.  Kind of expensive for a small time operator.  But work really well for fast counter.  The display shows the dollar/cents.  It would satisfy any location owner he is getting his fair share.

Bart

that or one like it is my next purchase! I bought a 30lb postal scale from Staples and it cut my time down a lot! Since I'm always trying to find faster ways to service, I am now looking at my scale again. So with in 6 months I will be buying another scale and buying one of the better ones listed in that thread. I don't want to think and crunch numbers, in and out!

Archived