Conlux MCM5

cl408818

Conlux is Japanese-made and not in favor of many operators here.  While Conlux was bought out and owned by MEI before Crane bought MEI, they are still imported.  They were previously known as the Maka Corporation, if you're familiar with that name.  The Conlux do work fine and have about the same life between failures as Coinco and Mars models, but the Coinco and MEI models are much more popular due to their reliability records and they are made in the US.  Unless Conlux has changed the design of that coin mech, you'll find that while it has 5 coin tubes, only 4 of them are refilled automatically by the coin mech.  The fifth tube is manually filled only.  I've never figured out why Coinco and MEI can refill 5 or 6 tubes but Conlux decided to only refill 4. 

• Like 1

If you're looking to use tokens then they have to be assigned to their own value so the coin mech knows how much value to give to the logic board. Tokens only work if you're willing to give say $1 to anyone using one. If you have all prices set the same then it's not a big deal but multiple prices will cause change to be given on any purchase under the token value.

You will need to have a Conlux service center program the coin mech to recognize the token and you will need to supply at least 10 tokens for it to be tuned with.

What model machine will this be in and what are you intending the tokens to be used for?

The MCM5 has a built in Token teach mode.

See the Token Teach on the lower left side of the second page of the pocket manual found on the MEI website

http://www.meitechnical.com/mei-files/files/access-public/documentation/user-guides/MCM5-Install-Guide_Quad_Final_03282012_color.pdf

Edited by venddoctor
  • Like 1

The MCM5 has a built in Token teach mode.

See the Token Teach on the lower left side of the second page of the pocket manual found on the MEI website

http://www.meitechnical.com/mei-files/files/access-public/documentation/user-guides/MCM5-Install-Guide_Quad_Final_03282012_color.pdf

That's great but how do you then assign a value to the token?

I have a MCM5 that accepts tokens....but I don't think you can assign a value to them

The MEI 7512I coin changer is a GREAT changer in my opinion and you can assign a value to your tokens.

I only use a MCM5 because it works the best with DN5591 ....The MEI 7512I does not have a enough spring action to pop up the coin release on the DN5591.

All my machines have the MEI7512 except for my 5591s...I love them

But I will add....I have had NO problems out of my MCM5...it works great also

Actually, they are pretty decent mechs IMHO. Good firmware, easy to maintain and clean and a bit more reasonably priced than the comp.

Yes it takes tokens. Token value will always be .25

The Conlux MCM5 will accept tokens when the Token DIP Switch is placed in the ON position. The Token teach mode is entered by pressing the Mode and B button simultaneously for longer than 2 seconds. When this mode is entered, the C/C LED will flash rapidly. The user should

then drop 10 tokens with at least 1 second intervals between tokens. The mode will automatically end after the 10th token

is dropped. If successful, the C/C LED will illuminate continuously.

Good to know. So if I wanted to pay a commission in the form of tokens I'd have to give them quite a few I suppose. I thought 1 token would equal 1 "credit". That helps me a lot. We've been working out how many is a reasonable amount.

• 4 years later...