Gaines VM-750

mlprzybyla

Hey looks like this is the site to find help with just about anything, and I wish I had done researched the Gaines machines before I picked one up even though it was cheap. The problem I'm facing is the display isn't working, and it's not accepting money. Nothing is oviously burnt out and stuff looks to test fine on the bench but I was hoping to get some ideas because I need it working to trade it. Any help would be appreciated.Or should I just scrap it at this point?

Thank You

Mike

Welcome to the forum.  Aside from the basics of "is the machine plugged in?", a blown fuse, disconnected harness, does the light work, what's the output from the transformer, does anything happen such as a click or beep when doing anything with the machine, you are chasing an unknown in an unsupported machine.  There are some high priced parts available but if you can't narrow down the issue you will just be throwing parts at it.  If this is the condition you bought it in then you are stuck just guessing unless you are good at common sense troubleshooting. 

Good luck.

We have refurbished quite a few of these in the past but don't have any currently. Depending on what it's doing, it will either be the main board or the display. If it lights up but doesn't show any letters, it's probably the main board, but if the screen doesn't even light up, then it's probably the screen.  Fortune Resources was the manufacturer of this machine and they have merged with Multi-Max Vending.  You can google them and get their contact info and try calling them for parts.  They are terrible about answering the phones but if you can get ahold of them, they may be able to sell you the right parts and even offer tech support.  Good luck.

• 4 years later...

I have found that there is a board on the bottom right, and one of the wires that connects to it is the power wire, the other wires are for the screen and bill acceptor, when the wire is touched, the machine will make a sound and will power down, I managed to take out that small board, and solder the wires back together, and it worked! machine is fully operational with no problems, if you need help, let me know

7 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

I have found that there is a board on the bottom right, and one of the wires that connects to it is the power wire, the other wires are for the screen and bill acceptor, when the wire is touched, the machine will make a sound and will power down, I managed to take out that small board, and solder the wires back together, and it worked! machine is fully operational with no problems, if you need help, let me know

If I can ask, why are you responding to a 4 year old post?

never hurts to try, but I am having issues with my vm750b, I accidentally reset the board, and now the sold out switch is in the OFF position, which means... dollar goes in, machine assumes product is still there, vends the non existing product, and customer loses cash, it was not like that before, so now I am trying to figure out how to turn the switch back on, this is only happening on the sodas, I refilled machine and set quantities this time, lets see what happens