Thoughts on Vending Dolly

On snack machines with legs, do you move them with a dolly? It looks like the legs would be too far apart to sit on the dolly. I have a 24' enclosed trailer with 6' fold down back door I will be using. I like the anderson dolly, but need something to be able to get up and down steps too.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I move my snack machines with my Durto dolly.

I put  dolly under legs on one side of machine, put a 4x4 between legs, along with a 2x4 on top of that.

Strap machine to dolly and tilt it on it rear wheels of dolly.

cajun

I use a pallet jack for most snack machines. I also have a small silver dolly that rolls under the snack machines and lifts them up and your able to move snack machine through area where pallet jacks can't. I also use a Stevens appliance Dolly for most drink moves and piano movers to get drink machines through small doorways.

Roger does have the best dolly for moving machines.

Used it, only one strap, on top, holding machine to dolly.

Also has the proper trailer for moving a bunch of machines at one time!

That is his business of moving and fixing machines!

023.gif 023.gif 023.gif

cajun

I think I have shown this before. My 2 helpers are vendors and haven't used this before. It really stands up and lays down easy. So easy they want to pull hard.  This is a 501-E coming out of a very small elevator.

Roger, what model is your step rider? I don't see the exact one on their website. The VMS model looks similar, but not exactly the same.

They call it the Big Boy. They were having problems of some kind with production. Don't know for sure but had a fire and were relocating. They must have went out of business. I am beginning to think mine was the only 1 built, 

That attachment under the dolly is very helpful moving drink machines.

I personal checked out his dolly when I went to his area of Kansas and got educated by Roger. 

His trailer is top notch for moving machines.

Must have the proper truck to haul 10,000 pounds for a good distance, when trailer is fully loaded.

cajun

No, that's the regular public version they've been making and taking to trade shows for a few years now.  It looks like it would be a real good dolly to use but it doesn't have the large 8" wheels on it like the Dutros or the one Roger has so I've never pulled the plug on it.  I just continue to use my Dutro.  If you were to pull a machine over onto two wheels you need the large 8" wheels. 

Like AZ said the big wheels helps roll so much easier than the small wheels!

That is one reason I bought my Dutro dolly!

I have the six foot tall one with the double straps, I only use the top strap.

cajun

Look at this link http://web.iwebcenters.com/steprider/vms.ivnu Is this the new version of Rogers dolly that Step Rider has out now?

I had that one also but sold it years ago and was trying to get a new one when they turned me on to the one I have now. It was also a very good dolly if you can get your hands on one.

I just got these gems from Northerntool:

http://www.midstatevending.com/transportation-services/glass%20front.jpg?attredirects=0

They were just over $700 with tax but worth every penny.

They are superior to other dollys because they jack up to 10" off the ground, to clear thresholds, etc.

Step Rider helped me make my decision. I called them and found out they are not even making them at this time. It may be the end of the summer before they are available. Looks like the tall Ditto will get ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the basic pieces of equipment you need to move about any machine.

1. Narrow pallet jacks (I also prefer the short ones)

2 Nortech Movers

3. Piano movers

4. Tall hand trucks designed for the specific weight of drink machines

If you are going up and down stairs then you will need ones designed for that. Be sure and have them fully charged before you leave out. Not fun having the battery go dead half way up stairs. :) 

Archived