installing credit card readers in older machines

Chard

Seeing that those kits are specifically labeled with credit card and dex in the description, I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't accept credit cards.  I am pretty confident that you would be able to use a credit card reader with that kit, and I am pretty sure you would get cash sales in addition to card sales, but I don't know if or how the machine breaks down sales by specific selections.  It seems to me that the kit would only be able to tell you how many sales took place but not which selections they came from.

In all fairness, the question remains... should you invest $300+ into a single-price machine so that it will take credit cards or should you invest $300 into a later model machine that is already capable of having a card reader?  I have a single-price 501E that would be worth adding a reader to if it wasn't in the basement of a 12 story building.  Other than that, most of my single-price machines will hit the scrap yard eventually.

How do you junk the machines , I mean do you have to deliver them there , can they pick too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived