Royal Merlyn IV - 16.9 oz pepsi products jamming

delb101

Hi...I have a Royal Merlyn IV and 1 column keeps jamming on pepsi products.

It looks like the front of the bottle will drop first causing the jam. It's the front column...the bottle caps are loaded facing out.

It don't happen every time....but enough for the location to be irritated.

Has any one experienced this with pepsi products and Merlyn IV?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

There is a special shim available for some products like the 16.9 oz bottle called a bottle filler baffle.  If your bottles are jamming in the rotor then you may need to add this shim to each 16.9 oz selection.  PM me if you need any of them.  Also check that the anti-friction sheets on the insides of each column are intact and not curling up.  That could lead to "bridging" of product and prevent it from feeding down into the rotor.

The only shims I know of is for water bottles....I do use a shim for my 16.9 Dasani water which works great....but I cant use it for the 16.9.oz coke or pepsi products.

Does Royal make another shim besides the one for water?

Yes this machine has a motor for every column.

Thank You

That same shim can be used for 16 and 16.9 water and for 16.9 soda. There aren't any other shims that I'm aware of. Royal is notorious for not testing different package sizes and they only do it when the bottlers require it. Not the best manufacturer support but there is worse out there. The smim that I'm referring to is a metal formed shim, not a plastic funnel slide.

The only shims I know of is for water bottles....I do use a shim for my 16.9 Dasani water which works great....but I cant use it for the 16.9.oz coke or pepsi products.

Does Royal make another shim besides the one for water?

Here is the Royal Vendors link for a list of vending package specs.... http://royalvendors.com/customer-service/technical-info/package-vending-specs/

Archived