VenDesign Machines

Guest betty51

• 3 months later...

You can find parts on eBay. There is a distributer on there and they have gb canisters as well. These machines are made for high durability.

I use them in abusive locations, but they are a pain.

You can bend ht, just remove the top piece of sheet metal fingers, then set it on the first slot. It will give out around 11.

I take in an extra coin tube as well.

also, to keep them from spilling, I set them on the floor tight like they are in the machine.

• 8 months later...

I have bought some Vendesign machines, used and on location and have had very good return on them. They are well made and easy to maintain. I also have canisters for 1"gumballs and they have a different coin mech. Too bad they went out of business, I would like to have more of them.

• 4 months later...

I am new to vending, have 11 machines, and 8 of them are Vendesign 4 in 1 carousels.  One of them I cannot get unlocked from the top, so cannot access the product or coins.  I took it to my son in law and he can't get it open either.  Any ideas?  Is this a known flaw with these?  I just don't know what to do about it.  Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

newbie here

ok so i have started with Vendesign machine. I was reading that to sell 1 inch gumballs there is a different/separate canister you must use? can somebody help me with this or send a pic of is. I have checked ebay all i see is the regular canisters

somebody help?

• Like 1

First off, I'd walk away from Vendesign. 1. Horrible design 2. Hard to adjust settings 3. A complicated machine. I have 2 in service of all my 50 machines. All I have in my Vendesigns are bulk candy. As far as having a different canister for 1" capsules, I've never heard of that. If I were you I would start off with RouteMaster or 1-800 machines. Hope this helps

There is a special canister for 850 ct gum, but I doubt you can find one any more. I haven't seen them in about 5 years.

I got rid Of all mine and most uturns. I don't use more than a double unless it sites more than 30.00 per head a month. Even then I usually only do it to keep others out.

wow. I'm gonna be honest I figured id post my questions check back in a couple days and someone would have responded by then. Didnt expect a few responses this quick. awesome!

@farrisvending appreciate your post. I only have experience with the vendesign and the vendstar 3000. compared to the vendstar i thought the machine was much better. heavy as hell. But i thought it seemed fairly simple. I do have a question though. how do you adjust the candy setting/amount. I'm curious about that. 

@rodney69 gotcha. I knew i wasnt crazy, couldnt seem to find that canister anywhere. hmm you brought up something i hadn thought of.  long story short i read this book about 2 years ago, which was what got me interested in the business in the first place. this guy swore by triples. i hadnt thought about any singles. 

with the vendesign i had planned to use not more than 3 kinds of candy (though 4 selections was a bit much) double up on one of the candy types.  

so Rod recommendations for good singles /doubles ?

51yb-xHHoOL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I had some vendesigns at first too. I actually like them, but I'm not sure I've ever had a location that justifies that machine. I like the coin tubes...tho they can jam up sometimes. It to mention they're not flat on the cannister bottoms...so it's awkward to service them (where do you put the canister down?)

My favorite is Northwestern because I like the ease factor.

Tho for doubles, oak makes a quick collect base too.

I read that same book a while ago...some good info but not practical on a lot of points (he makes some things sound easier than they are)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Determined said:

Anyone know if the vendesign stands are universal? 

There is no type of pipe flange or easily attachable bracket with out modification  it is a hollow tube and the upper housing has a short slightly more narrow tube just sliding into it with some ball bearings in between.  

• Like 1

I have a few of these and they certainly are pretty rugged and for the most part pretty reliable.   They aren't as consistent as I would like them to be and also do have an occasional service call b/c of them jamming (3 times total).  They have a niche though some owners or managers seem to approve these b/c they take up less room than a double while still offering a nice little variety.  If a manager or owner feels that it is easier to approve than a double or triple and they for some reason are concerned with having a variety then these work great.  I have had a 2 broken doors despite being made of metal but never any broken mechanisms which imo is why they would be better than uturn.  

coin jam.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard of a few ways to remove the yellowing of globes/ canisters. One I've seen mentioned a few times is using a head light restoration kit. The other is to soak it in bleach. I bought a bunch of machines from a retiring vendor and he said he had been doing it for awhile. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, CashFlow said:

Why is it necessary to remove the metal plate on the canister?

Just the 3 finger top metal plate, not the longer backing piece. It's because it gets gummed up. Set your slide to the highest point, then remove the 2 screws, pull off the top metal piece, then screws back on the bigger piece.  

• 1 year later...

VENDESIGN 4 in 1 CAROUSEL

bulk vending machines

We buy all, parts too!   Not coin tubes.

Wanted:

Vendesign 4 in 1 Carousel, bulk candy machines, working or not

Candy For Cancer

31198 Beck Road

Novi, MI 48377

248-396-0396

CandyForCancerMichigan@gmail.com

Vendesign-4in1-carousel_j.jpg