AMS Combo machine - compressor issue

We have a AMS combo, Sensit III combo machine that we just purchased used.  The machine was built in 2009.   

The frost appears on both of the two small wounded copper coils on the copper tubing that attaches to the compressor, but the machine doesn't cool down inside.   It seems to me that the compressor must not be the problem because frost appears on both coils.  My son tells me that the side fan in the machine is working.   What else could it be?  Any help would be appreciated.  

We have a AMS combo, Sensit III combo machine that we just purchased used.  The machine was built in 2009.   

The frost appears on both of the two small wounded copper coils on the copper tubing that attaches to the compressor, but the machine doesn't cool down inside.   It seems to me that the compressor must not be the problem because frost appears on both coils.  My son tells me that the side fan in the machine is working.   What else could it be?  Any help would be appreciated.  

Check your rubber door gaskets, if it's leaking too much air then the cooling deck will never catch up.

It sounds like your machine is not properly charged. If the compressor runs all the time and the only result is a bit of frost then it's low on freon. If the compressor doesn't run long and cycles off then it's either a wrong temp setting, a bad temp sensor or, if the compressor goes off but the fan still blows air out the back of the cabinet, then it's a bad compressor. I'd bet it's just low on freon. Those units are famous for developing leaks due to all the sharp sheet metal. A quick recharge should be less than $100 and then if it leaks down in less than 6 months you have a good sized leak. The longer it goes without needing another recharge the smaller any leak is.

1Did you clean screen on the bottom of the machine?

2 Is the back of the machine at least 4 inches from the wall?

3 Is the fan that blows air out the back of the machine working?

Walta

Archived