Beaver's Coil-Pak Widens Product Variety In Bulk Vending

I like the idea, but...Did I read article correctly: There's only a maximum count of 18 products on the 2 coil machine?

That would make the machine pretty useless in most good locations.

Assuming I read the article correctly, the new machine's capacity of 9 per coil is unbelievably limiting when only 2 coils can be had...unless you want a whole rack of these (in which case it's probably cheaper/better to just get a snack machine).

Kudos to Beaver for going in this direction.

It's a great venture.

But, they probably shouldn't have gone public on a machine designed in a manner that only allows for 18 sales before it empties.

I like the idea, but...Did I read article correctly: There's only a maximum count of 18 products on the 2 coil machine?

That would make the machine pretty useless in most good locations.

Assuming I read the article correctly, the new machine's capacity of 9 per coil is unbelievably limiting when only 2 coils can be had...unless you want a whole rack of these (in which case it's probably cheaper/better to just get a snack machine).

Kudos to Beaver for going in this direction.

It's a great venture.

But, they probably shouldn't have gone public on a machine designed in a manner that only allows for 18 sales before it empties.

Each coil can accommodate 18 products

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. The Coil-Pak was designed to dispense product that isn't able to be capsuled, and these items usually have a higher value associated with them. These higher price point items usually move a bit slower than capsuled product on a bulk rack (with a larger profit to make up for it). We believe that because of this, the service cycle for the Coil-Pak will be very similar to the rest of the setup it could be placed on. We also feel that having fewer items in the machine at one time will help to deter theft.

Another benefit of this machine is that the cash box is completely separate from the coils, so if you had a location that was moving through product quickly, and you felt comfortable with this option, you could leave pre-loaded coils with the location to switch out as needed. 

Please continue with providing feedback as it comes up, I am passing all of this info on to the designers. Thank you!

Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. The Coil-Pak was designed to dispense product that isn't able to be capsuled, and these items usually have a higher value associated with them. These higher price point items usually move a bit slower than capsuled product on a bulk rack (with a larger profit to make up for it). We believe that because of this, the service cycle for the Coil-Pak will be very similar to the rest of the setup it could be placed on. We also feel that having fewer items in the machine at one time will help to deter theft.

A few issues:

1. The machine uses coin mechs and this limits U.S vendors to a $1 price point.
  2. A $1 vend tremendously limits the "higher price point" products we can vend and still make a profit on.
  3. The machine only makes $36 before coils need to be refilled (18 items per coil at the $1 price point).
  4. Leaving pre-loaded coils on location is risky.  A location's employees/managers can be less trustworthy than their customers.
  5. You state higher price-point items can move slower than caps while providing higher profit. True. But, you must get well above the $1 price-point before this becomes relevant. Vendors already sell some capped items profitably at the $1 price-point using machines already on the market that can process much more than 36 vends before needing a refill.

This all sounds like I hate the machine. I don't. I am actually very intrigued by the whole idea. Some things just need to be tweaked. Because as it stands now, the machine is just a more reliable version of the old mechanical snack machines orsd referred to.

A few issues:

• The machine uses coin mechs and this limits U.S vendors to a $1 price point.
  • A $1 vend tremendously limits the "higher price point" products we can vend and still make a profit on.
  • The machine only makes $36 before coils need to be refilled (18 items per coil at the $1 price point).
  • Leaving pre-loaded coils on location is risky. A location's employees/managers can be less trustworthy than their customers.
  • You state higher price-point items can move slower than caps while providing higher profit. True. But, you must get well above the $1 price-point before this becomes relevant. Vendors already sell some capped items profitably at the $1 price-point using machines already on the market that can process much more than 36 vends before needing a refill.

This all sounds like I hate the machine. I don't. I am actually very intrigued by the whole idea. Some things just need to be tweaked. Because as it stands now, the machine is just a more reliable version of the old mechanical snack machines orsd referred to.

Wasn't really made for the US market. Was made for the Canadian dollar coins.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived