Cans get punctured when they vend DN501e

So i have all the columns set up for 12oz cans except the double column, when i tested column 2 i had the first 2 cans come out with a hole in them.  I  cycled about 10 more cans after that and they had a ding in them but didnt puncture. Everything looks clean, no burrs or anything on the shims any idea what could be going on? thanks

The only thing that I can think of would be a possible sharp spot on the rotor.  Check that out as it would likely be either on the edge of the rotor or the outside where the weight of other cans forces the bottom cans to possibly get punctured before they fall into the rotor.

I was going to suggest checking the anti-theft spring in the rotor....until my phone's browser crashed... again.  If it's bent over or twisted then just bend it back and forth at the rivet until it breaks off.  Also check that the rod and spring assy in the rotor is installed with the spring to the rear of the rotor and check for any burrs on the edges of the can spacer on the right side of the column.

Is the back of the chute the cans fall on to installed correctly? On top of the ledge.

Is it only the cans from the back that get damaged?

Is it only cans from certrain selections that get damaged?

You may need to find an assistant to make test vends while you observe. Yes it is very likley you will get sprayed in the face with soda.

Walta

it hasnt happened since maybe i had that first column in wrong or something i dont know it was just the 2nd column and the first 2 cans that were vended since then no problems.  I guess ill just wait and see what happens

Archived