What's up with Mt Dew?

I went to buy some Mt Dew yesterday and noticed just before I bought it that it now says Blast.  Is this the same product?  I can't find the regular stuff anywhere and I've got a couple of Dew addicts that will be getting mighty edgy soon

It might be a new variation or a new marketing scheme, but there's no way that Mtn. Dew is going away at all.  If the can is still green it should be the same product.  Try one and see because you'll need to reassure your customers that it's the same.

It might be a new variation or a new marketing scheme, but there's no way that Mtn. Dew is going away at all.  If the can is still green it should be the same product.  Try one and see because you'll need to reassure your customers that it's the same.

Maybe I'll let the dog try it and see what he thinks - I'm just the pusher, don't touch the stuff myself  ;D  ;D  ;D

Baja Blast is one of the Mt. Dew flavors. It was out last year as a summer item but is back now as part of the family of Dew products. It looks a little more blue-ish than regular Mt. Dew. Not a bad seller....better than any of the other flavors of Dew that we have tried

Baja Blast is one of the Mt. Dew flavors. It was out last year as a summer item but is back now as part of the family of Dew products. It looks a little more blue-ish than regular Mt. Dew. Not a bad seller....better than any of the other flavors of Dew that we have tried

Thanks CV - looks like I'll be hunting down some new flavor strips as no one around here is selling the regular stuff anymore.

I believe it originated as a flavor at Taco Bell, grew in popularity and was then released more widely.  There is another flavor that also came up thru Taco Bell but I can't recall what it is.  Sorta blows my mind that you can't get regular Mt Dew!  Up in OR, we see the new flavors but the vast majority of shelf space is still the regular flavor.

I believe it originated as a flavor at Taco Bell, grew in popularity and was then released more widely. There is another flavor that also came up thru Taco Bell but I can't recall what it is. Sorta blows my mind that you can't get regular Mt Dew! Up in OR, we see the new flavors but the vast majority of shelf space is still the regular flavor.

Possibly Sangrita or whatever it's called. And yes, the Baja blast was a variation used at taco bell but Pepsi decided to make it widely available. I'm pretty sure it will die off faster this way.

Possibly Sangrita or whatever it's called. And yes, the Baja blast was a variation used at taco bell but Pepsi decided to make it widely available. I'm pretty sure it will die off faster this way.

Yes, I'm sure it will die off about 5 minutes after I make the swap out  ;D  ;D  ;D

Last summer it sold well for us. However, the Livewire and Voltage did not sell at all. As a side note, if you are a USG member, you must purchase 5 cs during the 2nd qtr to qualify for rebates from Pepsi.

Always love how the bottlers have to be screwing with the flavors. I use to drink Diet Mt Dew not because it was close to Mt Dew but because I liked the taste. Then Pepsi changed it so it tasted more like Mt Dew. Nasty now. 

Die hard mt dew drinkers don't care for fountain Mt Dew. Reason is bottled Mt Dew has only 50% carbonation and the fountain has 100%. Bottled taste is sweeter. I would adjust the fountains with more syrup to compensate for that. Diet Pepsi is another on they mess with. Most diet bottled Diet drinks use nutrasweet as a sweetener in cans and fountain drinks. Not Diet Pepsi cans are Nutrasweet and fountain is Saccharin. So people who like fountain Diet Pepsi don't like cans. It isn't the same taste.

Baja Blast was produced just for Taco Bell in the begging and no one else. If they have decided not to do regular Mt Dew then that would be a terrible mistake. They have made a lot of knock offs of Mt Dew but to eliminate it or even call it something else would be a bad mistake. You might call your local bottler and ask if you can get dock sales or ask where it is being sold.. You might even see a rt person at a store and stop him and ask. I wouldn't start changing flavor strips just yet. .   

Always love how the bottlers have to be screwing with the flavors. I use to drink Diet Mt Dew not because it was close to Mt Dew but because I liked the taste. Then Pepsi changed it so it tasted more like Mt Dew. Nasty now. 

Die hard mt dew drinkers don't care for fountain Mt Dew. Reason is bottled Mt Dew has only 50% carbonation and the fountain has 100%. Bottled taste is sweeter. I would adjust the fountains with more syrup to compensate for that. Diet Pepsi is another on they mess with. Most diet bottled Diet drinks use nutrasweet as a sweetener in cans and fountain drinks. Not Diet Pepsi cans are Nutrasweet and fountain is Saccharin. So people who like fountain Diet Pepsi don't like cans. It isn't the same taste.

Baja Blast was produced just for Taco Bell in the begging and no one else. If they have decided not to do regular Mt Dew then that would be a terrible mistake. They have made a lot of knock offs of Mt Dew but to eliminate it or even call it something else would be a bad mistake. You might call your local bottler and ask if you can get dock sales or ask where it is being sold.. You might even see a rt person at a store and stop him and ask. I wouldn't start changing flavor strips just yet. .   

Sounds like these Mt Dew addicts I've got are more of a cult. Glad I didn't make the mistake of slipping some Baja Blast on them.  I think that Mt Dew is distributed by Pepsi out here and availability has been spotty for several months now.  Guess I'll have to hit the dreaded Super Market.  It just ticks me off as I have my flow down to a science and these changes really mess with my system.

I went to buy some Mt Dew yesterday and noticed just before I bought it that it now says Blast.  Is this the same product?  I can't find the regular stuff anywhere and I've got a couple of Dew addicts that will be getting mighty edgy soon

I noticed that Costco started carrying the new Dew. Haven't had any requests for it yet.

Archived