Conlux 5

I've got a Conlux 5 in a DN 5591. It will not accept brand new quarters. Older quarters yes, new quarters no. Accepts .05, .10 and 1.00 coins perfectly. Any way to tune this to accept new quarters?

Funny you mention that....I have a location complaining my Mei 7512 will not accept the new state quarters...but when I checked it out there was some state quarters in the tubes. I inserted some and it was rejecting a lot of the new quarters.....I was fixing to post the same question.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

This thread is a mess. :wacko:

If you reset the changer to it's factory default, does that do anything to it? I forget where I read it, but I've heard that sometimes you just have to reset the things when they start acting up- though they may have been talking specifically about CoinCo units, not the Conlux.

Good luck, in any event!

I've got a conlux 5 that's missing the top part of the coin return lever. Anyone know where I can get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96217617d02d110cb95e5f97364f49bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Allen!

I just gave away my junked one with that piece you need!

Give me a day and I will get the piece back from the person!

pm me your address and I will send it to you.

cajun

I've noticed this exact same problem with the Conlux 5 units.

I had to pull one from a location several weeks ago because of it. In particular I've noticed that the new state park quarters are the worst. The have two concentric circles on one side of the coin.

I haven't found any way to fix it except by pulling the unit and sending it in for retuning.

Not only the conlux coin mech's, but I have a location complaining about the coinco single price coin mech doing the same thing.

New quarters pass right thru it. I run the older quarters in it and takes everyone of them!

Crazy!

cajun

On the old single price machines I've unplugged the mech and then plugged it back in and they will sometimes start reading the new coins OK.

I don't know exactly how coin mechs work but I'd think that they are either tuned properly or not tuned properly. It doesn't seem like your trick would work but I might try it sometime.

Archived