My Secret Weapon!

PerformaVending

So, in my days of landing rack accounts, I've developed a method that pretty much guarantees a placement for my gear in the 5-7 way range. The process is pretty straightforward, find a loc, and get in touch with the gatekeeper. Then, boom, secret weapon!

atomic-cannon-o.gif

When I go to talk to the account, I first present what I'm thinking of installing. i have a brochure that has some examples of the equipment I use, so I'll show them that, what I'm thinking would work, and what I think as a guesstimate the commission would be- I don't use this pitch for charity at all. If they're interested, awesome, proceed as usual. If they're still not convinced, I pull out the red folder, and the fun begins.

My secret weapon is a form I created that offers a "service trial" for the equipment. I have tried a few different time frames, but I've found that 3 months/90 days strikes the best balance for everyone. They can dump me right off the bat when the period is over, and it's not that long in the big scheme of things, and I still ahve a good window to capitalize on the initial boost new equipment gets in a new location. Now, if they take the trial, they get the following:

e82d240d12879f2cfb0016a62119d02c.jpg

Whoever has the authority to sign that I am in for that 3 month period gets that card, and what they do with it is their business. I have turned a LOT of leery or waffling businesses (both owners and mangers) over with this. The cards can be picked up most anywhere, and come in a variety of styles. I usually get the generic silver ones, though I couldn't find a picture of those to save my life. All in all, I've gained 13 accounts with this method that I might not have otherwise, and all but two have panned out and kept me on.

You do have to do some research and know what locations will be worth the investment, but considering that's less than what I'd pay for a comparable locator, I see it as money well spent when it's needed.

Otherwise, the best locating advice I can offer is be confident, and keep trying. The more practice you have, the easier it will be to get locations. Don't be afraid to improvise and get creative when you need to either.

I suppose this trick is old hat to most of the vets here, but for those that might not know about it, it might land you a loc someday.

Good luck to everyone on your locating endeavors!

It's funny I was just reading a post similar to this from some time back. He said he uses a gift card for a dinner place and it gets him in some good locations. I was thinking about this for days, and thinking subway might work since they're pretty much everywhere. But I do bulk candy triples and don't use contracts. So I'm thinking if if I did it, they might just kick me out the next cycle lol. But for a rack, and what you're saying so exactly like what I want to do when I start running racks. Thanks so much for sharing  ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived