First Change Machine....And I'm Lost (like always? lol)

RikaKazak

I need my first change machine for a location, and I have no idea what to get, how they work, who to buy through or anything.  I checked craigslist, and nothing there.  I'd check ebay, but I have no idea what to get, what they're worth, etc.

Which machine should I get (it's a location with about 20 machines, from pool to air hockey to arcade to candy).  And also who should I buy it through?

Not all of the machines are mine (I've got like cotton candy, candy crane, rack, gumball, etc.) in there, another vendor is doing the pool/air hockey/arcade, but we agreed since he did some filler games, that'd I'd be responsible for the change machine.  (so I want to be respectful and do a good job at handling the change machine aspect...he's aware I don't know squat and is cool with being patient)

Thanks in advance guys, appreciate it :D

I run all American Changer AC 2001's and they have been pretty reliable.  Some issues but not bad at all.

Who is going to be filling the changer?  You or the location?  If you are servicing it the dual hoppers in the 2001 hold a decent amount of coin so you don't have to refill so often.

I run all American Changer AC 2001's and they have been pretty reliable.  Some issues but not bad at all.

Who is going to be filling the changer?  You or the location?  If you are servicing it the dual hoppers in the 2001 hold a decent amount of coin so you don't have to refill so often.

I will be.

I like the American changers

If you find a Rowe or a Standard brand changer most models are tank and will take a lot more time for someone the pry open.

I agree the changer you linked to is junk but let’s talk about why. So you can understand what you are looking at.

1 You must load the coins into tube not into a hopper.

2 The bills get piled up in the machine not stacked into a box.

3 The tubes only hold about $100 before you must refill them. Look for at least $500

4 It will not take 5 dollar bills.

5 They are built around an oddball POS bill acceptor. Look for a Mars BA

Walta 

• 3 weeks later...

Buy a new American Changer machine with MEI bill acceptor and enjoy years of no problems, especially with newer bills. Do not get talked into a cheaper Pyramid bill acceptor as it will not out live its warranty. Find out who the distributor in your area is and work with them. Buying used changers is asking for trouble if you have no experience with them.

http://www.americanchanger.com/Contact_Us/americanChanger.asp?CatID=3&SecID=7

Buy a new American Changer machine with MEI bill acceptor and enjoy years of no problems, especially with newer bills. Do not get talked into a cheaper Pyramid bill acceptor as it will not out live its warranty. Find out who the distributor in your area is and work with them. Buying used changers is asking for trouble if you have no experience with them.

I probably should start my own thread in the beverage and food section, but I was searching for information on people's experience with different brand bill acceptors and couldn't find anything. I have a mix of MEI, ICT, Apex and JCM acceptors and need some new ones. I know MEI is the best, but also the most expensive so wondering if the extra expense is justified. 

I probably should start my own thread in the beverage and food section, but I was searching for information on people's experience with different brand bill acceptors and couldn't find anything. I have a mix of MEI, ICT, Apex and JCM acceptors and need some new ones. I know MEI is the best, but also the most expensive so wondering if the extra expense is justified. 

The expense of MEI and Coinco is well worth it as they will be repairable for years to come.  The others you use are basically throw aways when you find out what it costs to fix them.  They are all imported so parts are harder to get and it's hard to find someone that fixes them.  Pyramid is here in Scottsdale and they might be one of the better upstarts.  It's just hard not to stick with the ones that got us here: MEI and Coinco.

What is it you actually need as I can probably help you out.

MEI for the win. I had a couple pyramids which I installed in a couple ICE cranes, and they never pulsed right, giving 1 play for $1 every other dollar instead of two. I quickly replaced them. Mars just go on and on without problems. The expense is justified.

The expense of MEI and Coinco is well worth it as they will be repairable for years to come.  The others you use are basically throw aways when you find out what it costs to fix them.  They are all imported so parts are harder to get and it's hard to find someone that fixes them.  Pyramid is here in Scottsdale and they might be one of the better upstarts.  It's just hard not to stick with the ones that got us here: MEI and Coinco.

What is it you actually need as I can probably help you out.

I'm looking for replacements and spares for my vending machines, and am thinking of installing some in my cranes as well. I'm looking for around 12 units for now. I'm in Australia, and the Aussie dollar has tanked, so it makes importing them more expensive now.

Archived