Toy Soldiers E1 error?

brmorr

Ok, I have been dealing with this problem for a little bit now. Game will come up with a E1 error at no specific time. Game will work for a while, and then I come back out and it has a E1 error. Quick power off and power up and it fixes the issue.

Have already tried replacing the up switch, but it helped for a week or two and back to the same thing. I can't replicate the problem when I am there, so any advice is appreciated on what I should check or replace next.

Thanks!!!

thats the switch on coin mech right?? if switch is up when powered on you get your claw strengths by moving joystick it closes claw and shows strength on potentiometer... but if you have machine up and running and then you switch coin switch up on coin mech it gives e1 error... if it does it sporadically i would guess bad coin mech..

im not in front of one to test, but i think i remember correctly

Coin mech has been replaced with a mechanical mech(Imonex). Worked fine for over a year after replacing it(also have it in many other cranes replacing electronic mech. I am talking about the stop up switch.  

E1 error in the manual states

Gantry not connected or stop up switch not operational.

Replaced the stop up switch. Do these cranes possibly have problem with wiring in the gantry that would give me this error? When I find it flashing "E1", the crane claw has about 1-2 inches down from where it should be going up(string).

Any ideas???

I had some gantrys go bad on me because the spring (that is on arm that has pulley on that swings down to let pcb know claw is on bottom when there is slack in string) was bad and arm wasn't swinging properly.. would give same error about up down or even worse cause all string to unravel because it didn't know it had hit bottom.  I bent switch so it made better contact to arm and it fixed it temporarily but eventually had to replace that spring ... Dont know if this is even what yours is doing .

I had some gantrys go bad on me because the spring (that is on arm that has pulley on that swings down to let pcb know claw is on bottom when there is slack in string) was bad and arm wasn't swinging properly.. would give same error about up down or even worse cause all string to unravel because it didn't know it had hit bottom.  I bent switch so it made better contact to arm and it fixed it temporarily but eventually had to replace that spring ... Dont know if this is even what yours is doing .

Will be out there tomorrow or Thursday.. I am going to go over the entire gantry, etc.. I will definitely take a look at the spring. Bought this crane used, but was like brand new.. Might need some maintenance parts since it has been error free for about 2 years now.

Yep, good call by Ronsidney... I don't know how I missed that the first time though!!!

Now for the million dollar question, where can I find the spring?? I have looked in the manual, can't get a part number and looked on multiple sites and don't see it. Guess I have to call???

• 3 weeks later...

Got all my parts put into the gantry and now it will not drop or go up. Everything points to a bad up/down motor. Gantry moves around and crane thinks it's dropping the claw.

I'm going to order the motor today/tonight. I checked everything related and it all seems fine.

Before you replace motor , cut wires to it and left right motor.. Cross the up down motor over to wire for left right , now manually put crane through sequence to home position so you can credit game up. Now put credits on and move joystick left right and see if claw goes down and up.. If it does it's not your motor .

Some of the cranes have in line fuse by motor also that burns out, I just cut them out and wire back up but that could be problem also, it is right in the same place you'll need to cut wires for troubleshooting method I just gave you.

Ron

Ok, wanted to update this on what it ended up being. Bad motor was replaced, also blew fuse on little board in cabinet, but tested out ok in the holder with multimeter.

Took care of both and also cleaned up and soldered and heat shrinked some wiring in gantry. Figured while I was at it, I replaced tension and up down springs as well as both switches.

Should be good to go for a while now!!

Figured it was the motor they go…If your fuses start blowing then usually your motors are starting to go bad and blowing them .

And if still having problems then it usually will be broken wire in the gantry area where wires are moving all the time.

Archived