Account Suspended?

BouncyBalls

There was a post on Facebook about something happening, and the site was for sale. It has since vanished.

Not sure if this was a personal event in his life, or something related to running the site.

Hello. My name is Rhett. Some of you may be familiar with me, most of you not.

I am a friend of Steve's and I have helped out around here in the past when he needed me to.

The site is for sale. Steve is no longer willing or able to be a part of the site due to a "personal issue that is directly related to his involvement" here. Those are his words and all I am at liberty to say about it.

I have been able to reinstate the site temporarily until 11/29 in order to offer it up for sale. If no offer is made by then, I believe the site will be pulled for good.

I have access to the sites alternate gmail account at vendiscuss@gmail.com. Use this address to submit offers.

The sale, if there is one, will be executed through a 3rd party site such as www.escrow.com or similar. I'm still researching these sites to find one that will work best. I want no part of the transaction.

I am not a salesman and I don't know how to value a site such as this so please don't expect me to answer questions or sell you in any way. It is my understanding that the members here already know the value of this site and they can/will dictate the value with buy offers.

Finally, as for the outstanding donations, I have discussed this with Steve and he assured me that anyone who made a donation to support the site past 11/29 will be refunded at that time.

Rhett,

You will need to keep us apprised of the progress on this so that we don't just see the site disappear with no notice.  You need to tell us if offers are made, sans details of course, and if they are in escrow or not.  If we can see that no progress is being made then more people will be inclined to make an offer.

The site owes us all that at least, I feel.

There doesn't appear to be much trouble keeping the site running financially based on donations here. I hope it's just a matter of accepting a reasonable offer to pass the baton. I've built and ran a website but my wife would kill me if I took on another project.

I'm interested in the site, but I'm not in a financial state to buy it at this time. I don't know what the site here is worth, but I know it's outside my budget.

If the place needs an admin or some moderator to approve accounts, keep spam out, and keep patches and updates up to date, I can do that if that's what the place needs. I know I'm still not the most popular guy around here after the whole "Bulk Vending Forum" thing in 2012, but I have both the skills and the time available to do it if that's what's needed. I am available to help however I can in the aim of keeping this place online.

The TVF is a tremendous resource to the whole of the vending industry- the worst case would be if it were bought out by some party that doesn't care, or has some ulterior interest in mind that would affect what could be posted here, and how that information would be available to the world.

In the end, I wish Steve the best. I know he never would give the place here up if he didn't have to, and it pains me to see him have to step back like this. I hope he's okay.

I made an offer. Not sure if it's what it's worth, but it's what I know I can afford. 

This site needs to be kept up, and not bought by someone who doesn't care, or who wants to turn it into something else.

Rhett,

You will need to keep us apprised of the progress on this so that we don't just see the site disappear with no notice. You need to tell us if offers are made, sans details of course, and if they are in escrow or not. If we can see that no progress is being made then more people will be inclined to make an offer.

The site owes us all that at least, I feel.

Yes AZVendor, I will do my best to keep everyone apprised of the progress. As of right now, there is one offer and 2 other interested individuals. I have passed the offer on Steven.

Yes AZVendor, I will do my best to keep everyone apprised of the progress. As of right now, there is one offer and 2 other interested individuals. I have passed the offer on Steven.

Give him our best wishes Rhett. Whatever happened, we're here for him.

What are you looking for? I might have it in the interim.

I appreciate the offer but I'm really cherry picking. The first thing I thought of when it came to mind that TVF may not be back was, "damn, I didn't go through all those files". The sales tracker Excel sheet come to mind off the top of my head. I LOVE the revenue generator.

I appreciate the offer but I'm really cherry picking. The first thing I thought of when it came to mind that TVF may not be back was, "damn, I didn't go through all those files". The sales tracker Excel sheet come to mind off the top of my head. I LOVE the revenue generator.

That's like the ONE thing I don't have. :(

If you guys need the manual for the Seaga TV3000 though... :rolleyes:

What are you looking for? I might have it in the interim.

looking for contract with a location in download section, ic you have it , it would be great. Thanks

Hello. My name is Rhett. Some of you may be familiar with me, most of you not.

I am a friend of Steve's and I have helped out around here in the past when he needed me to.

The site is for sale. Steve is no longer willing or able to be a part of the site due to a "personal issue that is directly related to his involvement" here. Those are his words and all I am at liberty to say about it.

I have been able to reinstate the site temporarily until 11/29 in order to offer it up for sale. If no offer is made by then, I believe the site will be pulled for good.

I have access to the sites alternate gmail account at vendiscuss@gmail.com. Use this address to submit offers.

The sale, if there is one, will be executed through a 3rd party site such as www.escrow.com or similar. I'm still researching these sites to find one that will work best. I want no part of the transaction.

I am not a salesman and I don't know how to value a site such as this so please don't expect me to answer questions or sell you in any way. It is my understanding that the members here already know the value of this site and they can/will dictate the value with buy offers.

Finally, as for the outstanding donations, I have discussed this with Steve and he assured me that anyone who made a donation to support the site past 11/29 will be refunded at that time.

Well I'm attempting to negotiate to buy it to keep it running. This is a great resource that I believe should be kept going.

As  last resort (meaning ONLY if this place went down permanently, want to be clear about that,) than I will seriously think about building a replacement.

So if this goes down, I will announce something on the Facebook site, (it'll be on the sidebar since I can only post messages,) or if that is down, then search for VIKDR on Facebook, I will also post something there. 

Well I'm attempting to negotiate to buy it to keep it running. This is a great resource that I believe should be kept going.

As last resort (meaning ONLY if this place went down permanently, want to be clear about that,) than I will seriously think about building a replacement.

So if this goes down, I will announce something on the Facebook site, (it'll be on the sidebar since I can only post messages,) or if that is down, then search for VIKDR on Facebook, I will also post something there.

If u create a new website..let me know what it is..

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Hey all,

I just wanted to pop in here to give an update.

First of all, yes, TVF is for sale. I can no longer participate here in the same capacity any longer. Sometimes life has a way of correcting your course and there comes a time when it stops gently nudging you and just punches you in your mouth. When that happens, you have to listen and comply. Especially when others are involved.

Next, I've been overwhelmed with the number of offers I've received. I am confident that I've found the perfect buyer who will take TVF to new heights. I'm also sure that this buyer has the desire to protect, preserve, and grow what I've started so any fears of this place turning into a corporate agenda factory or spam site should be eased.

As we move through the sale process I'll update further. I just wanted to let everyone concerned know that it appears TVF will continue in good hands past 11/29.

Hey all,

I just wanted to pop in here to give an update.

First of all, yes, TVF is for sale. I can no longer participate here in the same capacity any longer. Sometimes life has a way of correcting your course and there comes a time when it stops gently nudging you and just punches you in your mouth. When that happens, you have to listen and comply. Especially when others are involved.

Next, I've been overwhelmed with the number of offers I've received. I am confident that I've found the perfect buyer who will take TVF to new heights. I'm also sure that this buyer has the desire to protect, preserve, and grow what I've started so any fears of this place turning into a corporate agenda factory or spam site should be eased.

As we move through the sale process I'll update further. I just wanted to let everyone concerned know that it appears TVF will continue in good hands past 11/29.

Oh? Who bought it?

Archived