Tomy Toys

Dekkart

I'm not a big vender I have just one quad Tomy Machine. This was bought mostly for the sake of taking it to conventions. It now has a permanent location in a costume shop when its not going to conventions.

I'm having a really hard time keeping up on the toys though. Its a Tomy Vend so the people who are attracted to it tend to want the game/anime toys, things like the random bulk toys that are easier to find in America don't do well with the customers who are attracted to this machine.

We dont mind paying higher prices on the toys, but is there anyway to get the anime/game toys consistently? Right now Hello Kitty and Pokemon are the only things I can get ahold of consistently.

I've seen someone who had a 4$ mech on their tomy as well, does anyone know where to get the 2/3/4$ mechs? I can't find anything over 1$. We'd love to put more expensive toys in it, it would make toys al ot easier to find!

I'm in the US. If I put whatever toy in there they won't sell anything.

Its very dependent on where the machine is, if it goes to a comic shop we put Super Heroes in it because the anime or game toys wouldn't sell very well. Right now its at a Costume shop and Pokemon and Hello Kitty sell great but I'm having a hard time finding places that sell enough of the toys. The only anime capsule toys I find for instance have to be imported and can end up more then 1$ per toy after all the shipping. If I buy those the machine only has 1$ and .50$ mechs on it, it would be a loss.

I'm hoping someone knows a supplier or better place to get these types of toys or else a higher amount mech for the tomy machines. The customers for the machine are willing to pay more for the specialy toys but the mech is limiting.

They have a mario and dress up girl sticker set I could sell, but I don't have a flat machine yet. None of the toys are something I could push, the disney things are closest but the girls I get would prefer I just stick with the Hello Kitty. Thank you for your help though.

I know there was an importer in California called Cra-Z Imports that was bringing in all sorts of things a few years back (Attack on Titan was the big one) but it looks like they closed up shop. The best one I could find for "TOMY" style toys is still AllStar in Canada. I'd say give them a call, as they might have more of what you're looking for through one of their partners, or at least give you an idea of where to look. TOMY setups are, at least as far as I can tell, much more popular up in Canada than they are here in the US.

The TOMY mechs for multiple dollars are all going to be through Beaver Machine Corp. in Canada. The mechanical experts at Beaver have a TOMY conversion kit that is well worth the money, as Beaver mechs are basically indestructible, and have a lot more options for coins and whatnot.

Beaver_TomyGacha-mech-cropped.jpg

Beaver: Frankenstein-ing import machines back to life.

I know there was an importer in California called Cra-Z Imports that was bringing in all sorts of things a few years back (Attack on Titan was the big one) but it looks like they closed up shop. The best one I could find for "TOMY" style toys is still AllStar in Canada. I'd say give them a call, as they might have more of what you're looking for through one of their partners, or at least give you an idea of where to look. TOMY setups are, at least as far as I can tell, much more popular up in Canada than they are here in the US.

The TOMY mechs for multiple dollars are all going to be through Beaver Machine Corp. in Canada. The mechanical experts at Beaver have a TOMY conversion kit that is well worth the money, as Beaver mechs are basically indestructible, and have a lot more options for coins and whatnot.

Are you saying beaver makes a multi dollar US mech for Gacha. I know they make the mech and are very nice. I have some. But $$$$$

Are you saying beaver makes a multi dollar US mech for Gacha. I know they make the mech and are very nice. I have some. But $$$$$

I know Beaver had been talking about a $1.25-$2.00 mechs for the US, and had some pics out there at some point, (though who carries 8 quarters is beyond me). I'm sure they can get them to you if you're willing to pay up for them though. What that would cost I have no idea- not cheap though.

I always recommend the Beaver replacement mechs for the TOMY units verbatim as they're just better built, and are more resistant to slugs and jams than the stock TOMY mechs.

I'm not a big vender I have just one quad Tomy Machine. This was bought mostly for the sake of taking it to conventions. It now has a permanent location in a costume shop when its not going to conventions.

I'm having a really hard time keeping up on the toys though. Its a Tomy Vend so the people who are attracted to it tend to want the game/anime toys, things like the random bulk toys that are easier to find in America don't do well with the customers who are attracted to this machine.

We dont mind paying higher prices on the toys, but is there anyway to get the anime/game toys consistently? Right now Hello Kitty and Pokemon are the only things I can get ahold of consistently.

I've seen someone who had a 4$ mech on their tomy as well, does anyone know where to get the 2/3/4$ mechs? I can't find anything over 1$. We'd love to put more expensive toys in it, it would make toys al ot easier to find!

Hi,

Where do you get the Hello Kitty stuff? I just love Hello Kitty!

Thank you, I'll see about getting in contact with them in the morning!  

Hi,

Where do you get the Hello Kitty stuff? I just love Hello Kitty!

I can't anymore, when I'm out of what I've got I'm all out. Its become very hard to find the pieces I'm used to dealing in, I was hoping someone here would know of some leads.

Thank you, I'll see about getting in contact with them in the morning! I can't anymore, when I'm out of what I've got I'm all out. Its become very hard to find the pieces I'm used to dealing in, I was hoping someone here would know of some leads.

A set of four is about 200 with shipping

A set of four is about 200 with shipping

Thank you so much! I did contact them on the 17th, they got back to me today with just "what country". I told them in the first email I needed USD mechs, didn't answer any of my questions about the possibility of greater then 1$ mechs.  Ah well I answered it and we'll see how it goes.

I'm still on the hunt for the toys.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I'm still having trouble with this but we've rigged them up to work at least half way to what we want. We now have a 4 set with pulls for 5$, 2.50$, 1$ and 0.50$ so it worked out well enough.

Now having custom capsules made and ended up with more machines so we're up to 5 and more locations with the same type of customers, so this has been fun. XD

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I'm still having trouble with this but we've rigged them up to work at least half way to what we want. We now have a 4 set with pulls for 5$, 2.50$, 1$ and 0.50$ so it worked out well enough.

Now having custom capsules made and ended up with more machines so we're up to 5 and more locations with the same type of customers, so this has been fun. XD

Glad to hear it's working out for you! I just regret the vending industry doesn't have quite what you're looking for. Our general clientele is more interested in "Sticky bug yo-yos!" than anything Anime. Good luck moving ahead though sir!

Glad to hear it's working out for you! I just regret the vending industry doesn't have quite what you're looking for. Our general clientele is more interested in "Sticky bug yo-yos!" than anything Anime. Good luck moving ahead though sir!

My biggest issue right now is actually capsule size, nothing seems to fit just right. XD

I know Beaver had been talking about a $1.25-$2.00 mechs for the US, and had some pics out there at some point, (though who carries 8 quarters is beyond me). I'm sure they can get them to you if you're willing to pay up for them though. What that would cost I have no idea- not cheap though.

I always recommend the Beaver replacement mechs for the TOMY units verbatim as they're just better built, and are more resistant to slugs and jams than the stock TOMY mechs.

Thanks Performa! We do currently make coin mechanisms that can accept $1.25, or $1.50, however up to this point they have not been in high demand. Essentially what this means is that we do not have a mold for these coin carriers, and make them by hand each time, which definitely increases the cost. Once the dollar coin becomes more popular in the US, we have options for 1, 2, 3 or even 4 dollar vends. The price for a Tomy mechanism varies a bit, depending on how many coins you need to accept. 

Thank you so much! I did contact them on the 17th, they got back to me today with just "what country". I told them in the first email I needed USD mechs, didn't answer any of my questions about the possibility of greater then 1$ mechs.  Ah well I answered it and we'll see how it goes.

I'm still on the hunt for the toys.

Hello Dekkart, I do apologize that this happened. If you still have not received an answer, please email nicole@beavervending.com, I would be happy to provide you with the information you are requesting. 

-Nicole

Archived