5800 DN problems

Repairman

Have a DN 5800 that’s been upgraded with a Bev Max 4 board to help try and solve a product delivery problem.   Here is a synopsis of the problem.  We are using the test vend feature.

The delivery Cup travels left to right and on some selections It travels too far to where (Standing in front of machine) the left backside of the cup interferes with the bottle when it is vended. It does not go in the cup. The cup assembly then tries to deliver the product in the port but it is not there because the bottle fell when the cup assembly moved beyond the selection and is now lying in the lower path. The port door opens even though there in no bottle in the delivery port. The cup then tries to return home and runs in to the bottle lying in the path below. We have made sure our shelfs where set to the right configuration which is “D" setting. We also put a new top motor on vertical side on top f the rail. . We had to set our shelf offset at 1400 because the plunger was continuously striking to low from the middle of the lower shelves (D, E) to the end of the shelves.    

Does the Blue board on top of the vertical rail arm have anything to do with this problem? It seems that I can wiggle the wires on this board and push the connections and the machine will straighten up for a little while. This strikes me funny because   this sounds like it ought to be a horizontal motor problem, the one located in the lower right hand corner.  I installed a new motor to try and solve part of the problem and the cup rail assembly would continuously stop short   of making the top switch when it proceeded to  home. This is driving us nuts.  I put the old motor back on and that problem basically went away even though on some occasions it to would not let the rail cup assembly return all the way home just stopping the assembly from making the top switch. If anybody has any ideas please let me know. We have been talking to a top Tech on this and he seems to think that part of the problem could be caused by either the vertical rail cups rail itself could be warped as well as possibly the cabinet itself also being warped.  Has anybody here ever replaced the vertical rail cup assembly and how big of a job is it. I am looking forward to your advice. And yes we do have some Royal GF’s and I am not a fan of theirs either.  You could give me a D/N 5591 any day over the new style GF’s. They may not be able to hold a variety of products like new models do but they are a lot less trouble.

One thing you need to check first, especially if the cup is still off target on the right side, is that the cup size is set correctly in the software.  If your machine still has an old style cup then the machine must be set to a short cup.  If you have the new style cup then set the machine for a tall cup.  I chased a problem for days in a machine until I realized that my customer had defaulted the logic board back to factory settings and it defaulted the cup size to match the wrong cup.  Reprogramming the cup size solved that issue so make sure yours is set correctly to begin with.

My gut tells me your "Y" axis is not perfectly vertical. If the problem seems worse at the top or bottom and/or gets progressively worse as you go right, it probably is the problem. Just a BM-4 board will not make it a BM-4. Here are all of the updates, but included is the X/Y alignment procedure.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/files/file/107-dixie-narco-bev-max-2-full-update-2010/

Archived