Issue with DN 501MC

I have seen that problem before in a 501. The vendor was located in a recycling yard and mice had chewed up the wire bundle from the selections. You probably don't have mice, but I would recheck the entire vendor wire harness. Bent, loose or corroded pins will give odd problems.

Cajun....yeah that's what I thought and I tried 2 different boards.  Could it be one of the wiring harnesses?

Here we go. Did the original board have a red mode button or a blue one? Does your replacement board have a red mode button or a blue one? If either answer is "blue", the display pictured is an 8-segment and must have a red button board or the blue one configured for this display.

Make sure your selection switches & harness are in working order (as much as possible)

To change display configuration:

-Press & hold blue mode switch for 5 seconds & release

-Press & hold select button 5 until display goes blank, then immediately release

-Press & hold select button 2 until display goes blank, then immediately release

-Repeat press & hold select button 2 until display goes blank, then immediately release

-Press & hold select button 1 until display goes blank, then immediately release.

Display will now show "HD" or "ERROR"

I tried this and nothing happened.  However, when I pressed the blue button the display read HD but I couldn't get anything to happen after that.  I even held the 1 and 2 button to try and scroll through the other settings but it didn't do anything.

Cool, your problem is somewhere in the selector. Hopefully, your selector is the newer membrane type, it's inexpensive and easy to change. If it's the old mechanical switches it's much harder to track down, but that's where I'd start. Membrane switch is part # 80491285081

The fact that you saw "HD" tells me your display is OK and the board is configured.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey....I'm a little confused.  It appears this machine doesn't have a membrane switch?

Correct, this is the early production mechanical switch. Time to plug/unplug each one at a time, push the button, click, etc. Also, inspect the harness all along the route to be sure a screw or drill didn't damage it.

Archived