Snack box update

bhumphrey829

I'm trying to test the waters in honor box vending. Maybe just mints to start for simplicity. If I go the Sheridan route, am I stuck ordering a minimum of 50? That's what it's looking like from their site..I really only want to start with maybe 10 cardboard honor boxes..

41 minutes ago, bhumphrey829 said:

I'm sorry, I don't know a whole lot about the mint part of charity vending.  I only do the  honor snack boxes, but I do know that you don't have to buy 50 from sheridan, but the shipping will kill you because they charge the same

Thanks for the reply. Is there a big difference in the two from what you can see? I've been reading up on it last few days, they seemed similar

On 9/28/2016 at 5:45 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

I use the women's breast cancer society.  And I get my boxes from cameron packaging and from sheridan systems

When you report your net are you including the mileage?  If you are driving 375 miles a week it would seem that is eating heavily into your profits.  

186 locations currently.  Over the past 2 weeks i have pulled 11 accounts and not placed any new ones, because we are getting ready to go on vacation and I will hit the pavement hard when  i get back placing new boxes.  this week I grossed $1,434.00 Avg $16.50 per box.  Serviced 87 boxes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bhumphrey829 said:

This is strictly my opinion, but I believe you are more restricted in placing mint boxes than placing snack boxes.  For instance, i have snack boxes in just about every  type of business there is from auto  parts stores, to carpet stores and everything in between.   There are lot  more people looking to eat chips, cookies, candy, nuts, crackers and pastries, than mints.  I just think people want more variety.  To me, and like I said this is just my opinion, mint boxes are more attracted to restaurants than anywhere else. 

I agree that snack box locations are more plentiful than mint honor boxes.  I just got out of the mint honor box biz because the time that was devoted to it I did not have to give.  My main job was starting to get a little overwhelming.  So after 5 yrs of mint honor boxes I got out of it. 

Now for the placement of the honor boxes, yes restaurants are the best but I've had mine anywhere you can think of.

49 minutes ago, treadmill said:

I agree that snack box locations are more plentiful than mint honor boxes.  I just got out of the mint honor box biz because the time that was devoted to it I did not have to give.  My main job was starting to get a little overwhelming.  So after 5 yrs of mint honor boxes I got out of it. 

Now for the placement of the honor boxes, yes restaurants are the best but I've had mine anywhere you can think of.

How successful was the mint business?

39 minutes ago, vendtex said:

How successful was the mint business?

Just like the honor box business.  In this business you have to always full the herd.  I like to say it's a work in progress.  Also you get out what you put into it.  

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:35 PM, treadmill said:

Just like the honor box business.  In this business you have to always full the herd.  I like to say it's a work in progress.  Also you get out what you put into it.  

Hey I was just reading your older, probably the start of your mint box, posts. After all said and done, would you do mint at all, or would you have done some snack, if you had it to do over again?

On 9/30/2016 at 4:10 PM, AMD Snacks said:

Hey, didn't want to hijack your thread but I had a question. Since it seems like honor snacks is the way to go, (Though I loved the idea of only shopping for mints) do you have a suggestion for some basics to offer to start off with? Like 5 bags of chips, 5 candy bars? I'm thinking i'm going to order 10 of the plain boxes and put NCCS stickers on them...

On October 5, 2016 at 8:21 PM, AMD Snacks said:

Hey I was just reading your older, probably the start of your mint box, posts. After all said and done, would you do mint at all, or would you have done some snack, if you had it to do over again?

I think I would have done it just about the way it turned out.  I peaked at 300 locations and was doing about 4k+ per month gross.   Was hoping to get to 600 locations and then quit my regular job but my regular job started to get in the way of the route and eventually it made me decide where to put all my time and resources. 

Hey, didn't want to hijack your thread but I had a question. Since it seems like honor snacks is the way to go, (Though I loved the idea of only shopping for mints) do you have a suggestion for some basics to offer to start off with? Like 5 bags of chips, 5 candy bars? I'm thinking i'm going to order 10 of the plain boxes and put NCCS stickers on them...

Well I know it's Wednesday, but it is the end of the week for me.  California/Hawaii  bound!  Weekly update as follows:  pulled 4 location.  Now sitting at 182.  Grossed $1,019.00 Avg $18.50 per box.  Theft ran at 12%  Serviced 55 boxes.  I will gone for 10 days, will post again when i get back. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 6:23 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Well I know it's Wednesday, but it is the end of the week for me.  California/Hawaii  bound!  Weekly update as follows:  pulled 4 location.  Now sitting at 182.  Grossed $1,019.00 Avg $18.50 per box.  Theft ran at 12%  Serviced 55 boxes.  I will gone for 10 days, will post again when i get back. 

any updates?

On 10/28/2016 at 8:15 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update.  Got back from vacation so this was a make up week.  Sitting at 178 locations.  Grossed $1,768.00 Avg $22.65 per box.  Serviced 78 boxes.

nice to see your updates.....so far with the candy for cause boxes, we seem to be having a lot of theft....it varies from one location to another though