Snack box update

bhumphrey829

Hey bhumphrey,  two questions. 1. Are you finding it harder to expand as times goes? I know you said earlier you wanted to get to 400 locations.. also 2. since you started, how far distance wise have you had to travel to keep up  your route?

It's not really getting harder to find locations yet.  I still have several cities in my area that i have not even touched.  Right now the longest distance i have to travel to get to a route is 45 miles.  I plan on going at least 60 or 70 miles before it's over.

On 11/25/2016 at 11:43 AM, jerrybrooksvendall said:

I'm following your advice like law! You are the pioneer for me! I had a box 9.00 short last collection. I will have my sticky note ready for the next box! Thanks bp

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Was the box empty?  Are you doing mint or snack boxes?

3 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

Do you often see the notes solving your theft problems?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sometimes it does, but basically i use as a tool to keep up with when it's time to pull  the box.  I start with a reminder note, then a warning, then a threat and then I pull it.  I give them plenty of chances to straighten up before i pull it, but has backfired a couple of times where they actually asked me to remove the box because of the note, but that doesn't happen  that often

Yeah, I have a location that warned me about potential theft (only had 13% that week) then all of a sudden only paid $1 out of $7 the next week. I'm thinking about just pulling it because it seems deliberate. I'm not sure I'll have the patience to use the notes method, which is why i'm wondering how successful it is long term. You think if I just use good judgement and pull when I think i'll be doing myself a disservice?

1 hour ago, AMD Snacks said:

Yeah, I have a location that warned me about potential theft (only had 13% that week) then all of a sudden only paid $1 out of $7 the next week. I'm thinking about just pulling it because it seems deliberate. I'm not sure I'll have the patience to use the notes method, which is why i'm wondering how successful it is long term. You think if I just use good judgement and pull when I think i'll be doing myself a disservice?

1 hour ago, AMD Snacks said:

Well the way I do it depends on the  location.  If it's a good location, meaning the theft may be a little higher than i want, but don't want to take a chance on them asking me to remove the box because of note, then I would not use the note, and if it didn't get better after 4 services, I pull it.  I don't even leave a sticky note if it's 20 percent or less unless it's right at 20 percent several services in a row.

Another thing is I keep up with every location by index cards.  If it's short, i always write down how much it is short each time and that also helps me track the location

Some locations we have are hard to gauge because sometimes the theft is very high and then some weeks we go much better.  Some have started out good but then after a few weeks the theft is too much.  Car dealers seem to be frequently bad for us.  Out of about 5 we've pulled 3 and likely will need to pull a fourth soon.  Ironically, though they all did well the first week.  All things considered though we are collecting about $8-10/week per box which isn't too bad since we are only charging 25 cents

20 hours ago, vendtex said:

I was thinking if I stay under 50 cents I am exempt from the state tax thing in TX

20 hours ago, vendtex said:

I was thinking if I stay under 50 cents I am exempt from the state tax thing in TX

I'm in Texas also, but we don't pay state taxes.  I have to pay sales tax but that's it

Well the way I do it depends on the  location.  If it's a good location, meaning the theft may be a little higher than i want, but don't want to take a chance on them asking me to remove the box because of note, then I would not use the note, and if it didn't get better after 4 services, I pull it.  I don't even leave a sticky note if it's 20 percent or less unless it's right at 20 percent several services in a row.

Another thing is I keep up with every location by index cards.  If it's short, i always write down how much it is short each time and that also helps me track the location

Sometimes it does, but basically i use as a tool to keep up with when it's time to pull  the box.  I start with a reminder note, then a warning, then a threat and then I pull it.  I give them plenty of chances to straighten up before i pull it, but has backfired a couple of times where they actually asked me to remove the box because of the note, but that doesn't happen  that often

I actually only have 5 customers.i had one that was one of my good customers that was 9.00 short one collection, but 75 cents short the next time. I was going to do the note, but I saw I had most of the money, and pulled the note!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk