ATM placement fee

Poplady1

I have been contacted by a ATM company.  They want some help finding locations.  Give me a little advice here.  

large office complex (10 story) 65 tenants.  Approx 700 workers in and out.  

ATM in lobby.  nearest bank two blocks

Grocery store

65 employees    Closed on Sunday   Credit rating     B    

not sure of the foot traffic

Hotel (nice)

300 units

Wants ATM in lobby by front desk.

If you would give me some idea so I can determine how to rate these spots.

Hello! My placement right now has been slow.  If its something you decide to continue please let me know!  As far as location prices it varies only about 3-5% of foot traffic will use the ATM so if you have that number you can gauge a reasonable price from there.

I have paid $250 to $500 (flat fee) to locators in the past for location and signed contract. To date, I have not had any locations found by locators work out. PBS and J&J both still owe me locations.

Poplady1, Are you located in California, Ohio, or Kentucky?

I have a office in Riverside CA and my family is ion Ohio.  So I am back and forth.  My cell phone is 513-923-1414 because my whole family knows it.  My office 909-583-9068.  I just call forward back and forth so I always pick up the phone.

On the ATM what do you mean by "it doesn't work out"...do you get a min of !.00 of the transaction fee.

I have a few NYC locations if anyone is interested, busy barber shops

no charge all i ask is that you service your machines when needed

call or text me if you or anyone you know is doing ATM placements in NYC, mostly Brooklyn area

• 2 weeks later...

I really do not like working in a industry I am not familiar with and these ATM's seem tricky. Currently closing a large college with lots of vending. Tossed the ATM idea into the works.  They are very interested in having a couple.  The campus is large with 10 buildings.  Certainly the student center which holds the library, computer rooms, cafe and lounge.  Are there problems with young people and the machines.

Poplady,

I think we spoke a few years back.  If you are interested, I can teach you a little about the business and what to look for. It's always easy, but I think there is a need out there for a quality locator.  There are some certain criteria on quality locations.  Your big challenge is knowing what to give out for a commission.  Each market is different.  Giving a $1.00 to the merchant in Ohio and giving a $1.00 to a merchant in NYC are 2 different worlds.  Even within a geographic location can change.

Let me know, I believe PBS charges $350-$400 a location, but they haven't sent anything worth while.  Maybe we can trade some knowledge for a discount on locations.

Todd 

(413)454-3538

I have paid $250 to $500 (flat fee) to locators in the past for location and signed contract. To date, I have not had any locations found by locators work out. PBS and J&J both still owe me locations.

Poplady1, Are you located in California, Ohio, or Kentucky?

PBS emails me alot has anyone had luck with their locations?  I havent used them yet.

No good! I have tried some PBS locations and none have worked out. As I said before, PBS still owes me a location from the last one I purchased. They stated, we guarantee the location and if it doesn't work out, we'll give you another one for free... That was 2013 and I have talked to them since but they have stood up to their promise... 

Call me directly or text me with any questions 847-209-1374, I also have/offer retail gaming in numerous states

I didn't use them since we mostly provide the ATM processing for locations and distributors that own their ATMs. We only fill a few ATMs that are close to us.

Jaffery seemed to be very knowledgable about the ATM industry but since we don't fill ATMs I don't have much 1st hand knowledge of his skills and quality of leads. He is a fast talker. I sent his info to a few of our distributors but after talking to my guys they didn't use him they instead just did the prospecting themselves since it would have been much cheaper but maybe not quite as fast

• 4 months later...

• One of my vendors put two ATM's in the college.  One in the student lounge and the other where they eat.  He is very very very happy with his income.  Charged $400 each.

• large office complex (10 story) 65 tenants.  Approx 700 workers in and out.  
  • ATM in lobby.  nearest bank two blocks  Vendor said it is OK....$300 fee.
  •  
  •  
  • Grocery store
  • 65 employees    Closed on Sunday   Credit rating     B    
  • not sure of the foot traffic  Vendor wasn't happy so I gave him the hotel below...
  •  
  • Hotel (nice)
  • 300 units
  • Wants ATM in lobby by front desk.  He is happy.  $350 fee  
  •  
  • Decided this isn't the area for me.  Just too many things that I am not familiar with trying to judge the quality...

• One of my vendors put two ATM's in the college.  One in the student lounge and the other where they eat.  He is very very very happy with his income.  Charged $400 each.

• large office complex (10 story) 65 tenants.  Approx 700 workers in and out.  
  • ATM in lobby.  nearest bank two blocks  Vendor said it is OK....$300 fee.
  •  
  •  
  • Grocery store
  • 65 employees    Closed on Sunday   Credit rating     B    
  • not sure of the foot traffic  Vendor wasn't happy so I gave him the hotel below...
  •  
  • Hotel (nice)
  • 300 units
  • Wants ATM in lobby by front desk.  He is happy.  $350 fee  
  •  
  • Decided this isn't the area for me.  Just too many things that I am not familiar with trying to judge the quality...

• 1 month later...

i have a few locators, im not sure if they do ATM placement, but you can ask

1.    vendinglocator4u.com

ask for Rodney, he is very good for bulk

2.  Concord Locating

888-202-4049

ask for Christine

tell the m the NY Candy man Sent you! :)

be careful with locators, most will ask for cash up front and then make you wait for 3 months before they even get back to you, yet your cash is already gone! but dont forget that they do get busy, and they do work all over the country.

• 4 weeks later...
On October 7, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Poplady1 said:

What is a good ATM location...what do you look for...

Bars, Private Clubs, lower income areas, laundries, nail salons... Pretty much any place that deals in mostly cash, accepts credit cards but can be used as a reason to get a atm and get rid of the cc machine when asked how much they are paying in cc fees every month.

You need at least 2 of the following:

1. Lottery Sales
  2. Low Income Clientele
  3. College Student Clientele
  4. Travelers or people who don't have access to home bank ATM
  5. Cash Only or High minimum credit card acceptance 
  6. Alcohol Sales
  7. Other gambling (video Poker, card games, ect)

I am setting up the vending in a new laundry.  Nice big one.  In LA.  It services middle income to lower income.  I know about those college students.  Last fall we got one to set up and the vendor is very happy.  So how to I connect with ATM providers.

Archived