First refurb. How did I do?

CJvend

Didn't take any before pictures, but most on here have seen a beat up northwestern machine before. Here is the result...

d3c6c38855b2fe9d11ffec21a3a65cff.jpg

Read through a lot of threads on here and ended up doing it this way...

Sand body down with 150 then 220 grit sand paper, clean with brillow pads and dry. 1 coat of primer then 2 coats of rust oleum sunrise red paint. Replaced Mylar silver sticker after drying for 48 hours. Took mech apart and lubricated wheel with Vaseline. reassembled, used brasso to clean and polish mech. Globe wasn't in too bad of shape but did a quick buff of the outside with plastix...seemed to help a little. I then reassembled and put a cost of liquid car wax on all red parts.

Any tips to either improve efficiency of process or improve final results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. You did way more than I have when I repaint, but that's not a bad thing. I think it all depends on how brand new you want it to look. I simply light sand, then spray paint, replace the mylar then call it a day. 

I think I want to start only using 150 grit sandpaper and not the 220 after it to save time. What do you sand with? What paint do you use? Applying the primer and paint separate also wastes more time, paint and primer in one would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used a light sand paper...maybe around 150, I've only had to paint about 5 machines so far...I used rustoleum hammered, turned out good enough for my standards..and I'm pretty picky

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lol maybe I will try one hammered black. I think I like the OG red look tho. I like how the hammered goes on nice and thick and doesn't run/drip. Idk how I would like the texture of it on a vending machine though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived