Selectivend 500709, missing parts

jtd2700

Just acquired a 1969 Selectivend Model: 500709 Type: 103 Serial: 96-12SS9-0344, it appears to be missing the entire control board and coin mech. I would like to restore the mechanical bits and get it functioning before I start attempting to clean up the machine too much. The compressor and lights are all good, it stays ice cold and appears to have all the shelves as well. The problem I am having at the moment is locating parts for the machine. I would assume there would be a fairly sizeable aftermarket reproduction parts scene around but haven't had much luck locating anything on this machine. 

This is my first restoration attempt, so any pointers would be welcome too. I'm only in the hole a hundred bucks so far, I like the look of the machine and it appears to be in extremely good shape. Minor rust in the coin/control board area that can probably be cleaned fairly easily, however I know improper cleaning can end up devaluing antiques.

Thanks!

You should post a photo of it so we know what it is but this isn't really the forum for antique machines.  You can try http://www.colamachines.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=20c57db0c1a32ce8f635df29e0fd6b20&or http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php?PHPSESSID=ecb7lvboebclkbdbsk2d1ngji2& and see if you can get help there.

Your only choice for help with it will be the two links I posted for you.  That's a predecessor to the current Vendo company (or Sanden Vendo now) but they haven't supported anything this old in many years.

If you ever find the hard parts you need then I can supply you with a coin mech for it since those have been pretty standard since the 60/70's.

Do you happen to know if the price is adjustable for these type of units? I have a lead on an identical unit with all the parts but a slightly battered exterior that i may be able to harvest some parts from.

• 4 weeks later...

Awhile back I posted about this machine. I appear to have all the parts, minus a few of the shelves for the glass bottles and the cap catcher/change box/coin mech.

I can whip something up to provide coin and cap catchers so that its functional, however the coin mech and shelving is a bit of a stuck point. I have found a nearly identical machine with the coin mech but wasn't able to get the person to part with it. I did, however, snap some photos, see http://imgur.com/a/9xF3Z.

I have found what appear to be right for around $35-$50, however I don't want to end up getting 12 incompatible units before I find one that is compatible. From what I've gathered any coinco 9 pin jones unit  should work? Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if anyone knows where I could get some shelves for this model it would be much appreciated.

AZVendor: The forums won't let me send you a PM. You mentioned you had a coin changer that should work, how much would you be looking to sell it for?

Also, sorry to resurrect an old topic, however I didn't want to go starting a new one about the same thing.

Archived