Merlin IV 768 problem

moondog

I have the above machine and am getting an error code that says "out of r det"  Nothing I've found refers to this in the manual.  Everything is full but the machine won't take money and I can't clear the message.

Maybe that's out of order where the 'o' is missing and r looks like a 't'.  In that case look for a bad coin mech or validator.  MDB can't distinguish between those bad devices as they are daisy-chained together.

Can you read the error list when you open the door? Press mode, when you see "error" press button 3. The manual for the Merlin 4 is in the download section of this forum to help you with button pushes and error descriptions.

I had one with the same message last week. A power surge at the account had cleared the board memory. It lost all of its settings and prices. You might have to do a board reset or replace the board if it is corrupted.

Maybe that's out of order where the 'o' is missing and r looks like a 't'.  In that case look for a bad coin mech or validator.  MDB can't distinguish between those bad devices as they are daisy-chained together.

Nope, it says out of r det, I watched it several times as I unplugged the mech and validator one at a time.  What is r det and why would it be out?

Turns out it was a blown board and the display was trying to say "out of order"  Could not get into menu so I swapped out the board and Presto, everything is working now.

Archived