Old dixie narco

Clendenin13

Hey all, just bought a dixie narco vending machine. The guy I got it from had it set in free mode, I found directions online to put it back in coin mode. But it won't vend, I have it set to .50. Quarters go straight to the metal drop box, dimes and nickels fall into the coin tubest bit nothing vends. I have it loaded with cans, no sold out lights are on, and everything is cold. Correct change light is on, I can open it and manually hold the arm back on the motor below each and manually vend a can. But one I close it up and insert money, nothing. The quarters always go straight into the he metalking catch box. Would this be a bad coin mech? Any help would be gteat, it's my first machine. Thanks

**Mod note: duplicate thread deleted**

Also the quarter slot doesn't catch the quartere, they go straight to the metal catch box. Is that normal?

I put change is the tubes, same thing is happening

I know how to change the price but what should the option switches be set to? I can set it to free vend and it works great

What should the option switches be set to? I set the price to .75 but not sure about the option switches. Works great in free vend mode before I switched it

How was it set to free vend and how did you undo that?  Your coin mech is probably an older Mars with nickle/dime payout so it won't have a quarter payout switch.  If it has a quarter tube then it would need to be filled manually.  Can you drop a nickle, dime and quarter in, press the coin return lever and have the mech pay out .40 to you?  If so then the mech is probably okay.  That would then take us back to my first question.

PS: Don't play with the option switches in the mech.  Only change the price switches.

To get it out of free mode, I switched wires 71 and 10. That worked to undo free mode. I'll have to try the coin return but I think it hasn't been returning anything. Where should the option switches be thou? I'm afraid the guy I bought it from has messed with them. Thanks, I appreciate it

If you have 6 option switches then here is what they are for:

1. On for dollar coin accept.

2. On for US and Canadian coin acceptance.

3. On for only filling the quarter tube to 6 coins.

4. On for high level bill acceptor harness which only uses the 9 pin white connector.

Off for low level bill acceptor harness which uses the 9 pin connector for power and also uses an 18 pin connector for communication.

5. On for no escrow return of money inserted. Credit is held until a vend is completed.

Off for escrow return allowed and is dependent on switch 6.

6. On for escrow to select.  Used on cigarette machines only.

Off for escrow to vend. This is the normal setting for single price soda machines, allowing the return of coins up until the vend price is met.

Ok so now i have a new problem. i odered a new coin mech from ebay and it works! but it only vends every other time i put money any it. i hear the motor crank but it seems to not crank long enough to vend, the light comes on like its going to but then nothing happens.  then i'll put more money in and itll vend that time. Any suggestions out there???

Archived