It's official... I've made mor money buying machines than servicing them.

CJvend

So today I bought a 5 way northwestern rack for $100. Was in very nice used condition but owner did not have the keys. Said his employer used to vend out of it but they decided to stop so just let the supply run out then sell it. The guy selling it said hey there's about $2 in it because he tested the mechs before listing on CL.

SO I get the rack home and drill out the locks and find over $200 inside.

Anyone else ever profit off buying machines?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I paid about 500 for a 5 way northwestern machine. 5 way a&a machine. Two 6 column sticker machines and a 4 column northwestern flat vending machine. All needed locks. Found about 20 in quarters and over 400 in good product in the machines.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Bought 5 2" capsule machines with stands a few months back. There was a small animal farm that used them to promote their animal shows locally. They ended up just putting them in storage and lost the keys. They were listed at $200, talked them down to $200. They were joking with me telling me there are some quarters in a few and even said "you could probably do your laundry with this one". Got it home and drilled out the locks, pulled $280 from them. Quite a find.

Also picked up a Dixie narco 501e live display a few weeks ago. Got it for a pretty good price, $350 I believe. Finally was able to get inside the other day and found a little over $100 in change in the cash box.

Wouldn't mind finding more deals like these! Lol.

I replied to a ad on Craig's list selling a old two head for his dad for $50 with lost keys. Got it home drilled out the lock and guess what I found! Exactly $50 in sticky five year old quarters.Resulting in me owning a beautiful classic beaver for free..Wow

I replied to a ad on Craig's list selling a old two head for his dad for $50 with lost keys. Got it home drilled out the lock and guess what I found! Exactly $50 in sticky five year old quarters.Resulting in me owning a beautiful classic beaver for free..Wow

My best purchase ever was two old challenger candy cranes that I had to dig out of an old warehouse. I gave a $100.00 for both and when I got the locks drilled out on both machines the cash boxes where fairly full adding up over $700.00. It was a very good day.

I knew that was going to come up. I always ask the story of the machines when I buy them without keys. I would never buy something I have reason to believe may have been stolen.

Also not many thieves steal a rack full of money and then sell it with said money in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived