Troubleshooting - Automatic Products Snackshop 112

dkazz1

Hello

I have a friend who owns a business and I'm trying to assist him in repairing his snack vending machine.  (I'm more versed in fixing arcade games and pinball machines :) )

It is a SNACKSHOP MODEL 112 made by automatic products.

If people enter change, it works perfectly.  But if someone places in a dollar in the bill validator, it will accept the dollar and hold it, then once you make a selection, it will spit the dollar out and say "make another selection" or something to that effect even though the item you want is in the machine (not out of stock).  Following the same process with using change, you are able to get the product out properly.

The bill validator is not full and seems to operating correctly.  My question is what would cause this issue?  The changer?  Or something else?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Press service mode (display will go blank) then press button 5 (will show 'escrow y/n'). Press 5 until the N is flashing for no.

Then press button 6 (will show 'force y/n'). Press 6 until the Y is flashing for yes.

If that doesn't work, we'll need the make & model of the bill acceptor. It may need some switches on it set.

You probably need to reset your coin mech inventory count as the machine sees it.  Power off and dump all coins out of the coin mech tubes.  Reinstall the coin mech and turn the machine on.  Enter the service menu and press (on the selection panel) 10, 1, 2, 5 and you will enter the tube fill mode.  At this time you need to drop all the coins in any order into the top of the coin chute so the mech will refill itself AND count the coins for the logic board to keep track of.  After this close your door and try the bills again.

Press service mode (display will go blank) then press button 5 (will show 'escrow y/n'). Press 5 until the N is flashing for no.

Then press button 6 (will show 'force y/n'). Press 6 until the Y is flashing for yes.

If that doesn't work, we'll need the make & model of the bill acceptor. It may need some switches on it set.

Oh and for reference the bill acceptor is a Mars AE2451  (117 volt with a 300 capacity stacker)

No. You need a VN model for a vending machine. One reason is that an amusement model is always enabled meaning that when the machine should disable bill acceptance, such as a correct change or out of service situation, that validator will continue taking bills even if no credit can be given. They also don't inerface the same way and can't be set up as MDB.

If you need a correct unit you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

If you have had it working in a true vending machine and it quit then it needs to be rebuilt.  If it worked for years in an arcade machine and you want to use it in a vending machine then that's where it probably won't work.  I have seen some working in non-MDB machines but they still had no capability of being disabled by the machine when needed so people could potentially lose bills in them when the machine isn't ready to accept a bill.

I have seen the 120V AE's in machines with 9 pin connectors, they worked but had problems that went away when I installed a VN model.  I don't think you can use any MEI 120 V validator in an MDB setup, can you?  Only the 24 V validators (part numbers ending with a "2").

I have seen the 120V AE's in machines with 9 pin connectors, they worked but had problems that went away when I installed a VN model.  I don't think you can use any MEI 120 V validator in an MDB setup, can you?  Only the 24 V validators (part numbers ending with a "2").

Correct

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I finally had a chance to do both suggestions that AZVendor and lacanteen suggested, neither one of those suggestions worked, still doing the same thing. 

The dip switch settings for the bill acceptor are as follows:

2, 4 & 8 are on

1,3,5, 6 & 7 are off

This bill acceptor has worked fine for many years in this machine, up until now.

Mars AE2451  (117 volt with a 300 capacity stacker)

OK, I finally had a chance to do both suggestions that AZVendor and lacanteen suggested, neither one of those suggestions worked, still doing the same thing. 

The dip switch settings for the bill acceptor are as follows:

2, 4 & 8 are on

1,3,5, 6 & 7 are off

This bill acceptor has worked fine for many years in this machine, up until now.

Mars AE2451  (117 volt with a 300 capacity stacker)

You say it's worked for many years. I rarely get more than five years out of any validator so you're probably due for a rebuilt model - get the VN2511 (with harness) as it was designed for this machine (which is not Mdb).  All of these validators have a logic board in their head which interfaces with the coin mech and control board. Once that board dies  wanky things start happening which can't be fixed in the field.

You say it's worked for many years. I rarely get more than five years out of any validator so you're probably due for a rebuilt model - get the VN2511 (with harness) as it was designed for this machine (which is not Mdb).  All of these validators have a logic board in their head which interfaces with the coin mech and control board. Once that board dies  wanky things start happening which can't be fixed in the field.

If anyone on here sells them, send me a message.  Otherwise I know they are on feebay (ebay) :)

If anyone on here sells them, send me a message.  Otherwise I know they are on feebay (ebay) :)

AZ can usually get them pretty quick. Email him at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom

Archived