Small Rack: 4 1" machines or 2" and 1 2" machine?

CJvend

I am going to be placing a 19" rack at a local pizza or Chinese place(hopefully) I am wondering if it is more beneficial to place 2 1" machines on the bottom with a 2" capsule machine on top or go all 4 1" machines and do 2 1" capsules at 50 cents then gumballs and bouncy balls at 25 cents. If I did the 2" machine I would do a 75 cent toy on top with BB and GB on bottom.

I know the 4 1" machines would carry more product and result in more $$ per service, but in everyone's experience what typically produces the best results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 1" sells better. A couple of things to remember about the bouncy balls. Shipping will cost you more because they are heavier. They are also an item that uses petroleum in the manufacturing. A few years ago the prices went up quite a bit as did the oil. Do you really want to vend at .25? Why not .50?

I have both configurations on route.  I usually decide depending on what my competition (if any there).  If they have a bunch of 1" heads in there already, then do the 2" on top.  You can also do a 3 column flat on top (I also do that set up).

Yes 1" sells better. A couple of things to remember about the bouncy balls. Shipping will cost you more because they are heavier. They are also an item that uses petroleum in the manufacturing. A few years ago the prices went up quite a bit as did the oil. Do you really want to vend at .25? Why not .50?

So bouncy balls sell well at 50 cents?

This would be in places where I'm the only vendor. I am surprised to hear the 1" toys sell better. What might the reason for that be?

Mix bouncy balls in your treasure chest 1 inch capsule mix at 50 cents and they will sell great

Mix bouncy balls in your treasure chest 1 inch capsule mix at 50 cents and they will sell great

IMHO, flat vending and two inch vending is on the decline.  (Of course the whole bulk industry is on the decline!)  Of course there is still some money left in those types of vending, plus there will always be some regional variations - but investing in those types of machines in today's vending reality may no longer be feasible.

So the 4 one-inch machines would be my preference today for a rack.  Have at most one candy (Skittles) and one toy (cheap mystery mix type) for a quarter.  My ideal rack setup today would be a 4-way (one inch) rack with an interactive machine (such as a shootin' hoops) sitting beside it.

Thanks. People always talk about shootin hoops, but what other "interactive" machines are out there?

Bulk Vending Pinball, spiral gumball machines, Wowie Zowie coaster-style gumball machines, etc

Archived