Thoughts on Apartments

There are a ton of apartments in my area. And I mean a ton. I've read on sites that they can be solid locations.

Are they really worth pursuing? Any demographic I should target? Just beverage and/or snacks too?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of apartments I would say 50% are apartments, they do very well... Lower the income the better, But have a supply of parts available or invest in cages, they will get vandalized

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I have a newer complex that is all college students, it is a solid producer (about 60-70% cashless!).  The machine is inside the clubhouse building, which requires a key code to enter when the rental office is closed, so all together security is good.  I would say the younger demographic apartments would do well; older people who know how to grocery shop and stock their own kitchens not so much!  And for sure security is a big concern...

I manage an Apartment Community and have 1 Pepsi Machine at our pool. Only used 3 months a year, but I almost double my cost. I don't pay for electricity.

I truly believe that if you stick with higher income/higher rent communities, put them in secure areas and have the right product in the right places you'll do well. Pop/Water machine in the office and or pool, Sport drinks in Fitness Room, Pop and snack machine in a break room or community room and so on. The trick...which I cannot seem to convince the Owners of, is that it isn't for profit...it's an amenity like a playground. It doesn't make them cash, it keeps people there.

Ed

Getting RICH 1 quarter and a time  

If I were to gamble on an apartment complex I would use a Vendo 721 HVV and have it totally cashless. Credit card only. The HVV is the best fight against vandalism. Thieves don't have time to try and break into them. No money in vendor either.

I decided to move forward with apts. The original community (picture above) is still in process. I was able to secure a 800 unit community and a 500 unit community last week though. The machines will be inside the clubhouses.

Thanks for all the input. I swear this forum is the best thing that happened to my business.

I decided to move forward with apts. The original community (picture above) is still in process. I was able to secure a 800 unit community and a 500 unit community last week though. The machines will be inside the clubhouses.

Thanks for all the input. I swear this forum is the best thing that happened to my business.

Best of luck! Did you get drinks and snacks?

Let us know how they're doing. I'm planning on putting more time and energy into my business here soon, so if these work out for you, I would mind doing the same locally.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I work at an Apartment Complex in Cleveland. Our Management Company has Apartments and Condo's. I think it's an untapped source of income. The problem is convincing the Management that it's more for providing a service to their residents than making them money. Anyone in the Cleveland  Ohio area trying to break into the Apartment field?

Let's talk

Amrap getting RICH 50 cents at a time

• 2 weeks later...

Smartvendnw, how are the apartments going for you? Where did you end up placing the machines? I got a lead today on an apartment near my current route.

I'm super happy so far! I located 3 apts. My best is the 500+ unit location (other 2 communities are 350ish units). In just under 4 weeks I'm $500 plus in sales w/high of $55 in one day. My other two so far after 3 weeks are about $85 week.

2 of the 3 are combos though because of limited space. The one doing great is letting me rearrange their laundry facilities to place a dedicated pop machine. I expect sales to jump even more. I'd then run tea, water, energy drinks out of the combo. The CC reader has been money too.

1d8dd314752d92917b7df8e61aa88306.jpg

BT$

Location is critical for traffic and security. Make sure there's tons of kids. I swear every time I visit a kid is walking out with a candy and pop. [emoji383][emoji1303][emoji6]

BT$

612ec6b00e845c0b3b34dd9eb133a03e.jpg

caa48fabbda90119a6cf70da326c54e3.jpg

The set ups. So far so good.

BT$

Looking good. I'm not sure on specifics, but I do know it's a nicer complex that was just recently renovated. I'll find out more on Tuesday.

Those are some good lookin machines!

What is the make and model of those machines? they look nice.

First pic is a AMS 39" combo Sensit 3- 2012

Second is a USI iVend. Believe it's a 09 or 10.

Third is a USI iVend 3 wide- 2004 I believe. And a DN276e multi price bev.

BT$

What is the make and model of those machines? they look nice.

First pic is a AMS 39" combo Sensit 3- 2012

Second is a USI iVend. Believe it's a 09 or 10.

Third is a USI iVend 3 wide- 2004 I believe. And a DN276e multi price bev.

BT$

Archived