Cash Sales on USAT G9 Reports

It probably drepende on what machine you have it installed on, and if the software is updated/capable to send cash-sales. If you sau what machine it is, maybe someone have a better answer for you. In many cases a change of eprom or upgrading the software can help

USAT said the update they sent to the machine is still pending. They are thinking I need to update the eprom. My machine is a Crane gpl 6500. What does an eprom update entail?

GPL 6500 (Fusion) is the same platform as the A/P ST Studio. There is a small 3/8 X 3/8 square flash chip on the board (Not an EPROM). You want REV 0022 or higher. Updating, if required would be replacing this small chip. Note that one of the 4 sides has a bevel, and one of the corners is notched.

GPL 6500 (Fusion) is the same platform as the A/P ST Studio. There is a small 3/8 X 3/8 square flash chip on the board (Not an EPROM). You want REV 0022 or higher. Updating, if required would be replacing this small chip. Note that one of the 4 sides has a bevel, and one of the corners is notched.

Hi where will I find dex port on Vendo 721, I need to plug USAT dex pin into so I can update my VMS. Betson has not yet replied to my question.

Thanks in advance

Hi where will I find dex port on Vendo 721, I need to plug USAT dex pin into so I can update my VMS. Betson has not yet replied to my question.

Thanks in advance

It's soldered on the the control board between J8 & J9

"GPL 6500 (Fusion) is the same platform as the A/P ST Studio. There is a small 3/8 X 3/8 square flash chip on the board (Not an EPROM). You want REV 0022 or higher. Updating, if required would be replacing this small chip. Note that one of the 4 sides has a bevel, and one of the corners is notched."

See my attached photos. To access the chip do I need to remove this cover? Also, any idea what the input is for on the lower corner? Can I plug the DEX jack from the eport telemeter into it for cash sales?

post-10767-0-32495800-1461938431_thumb.png

post-10767-0-21412400-1461938439_thumb.png

"GPL 6500 (Fusion) is the same platform as the A/P ST Studio. There is a small 3/8 X 3/8 square flash chip on the board (Not an EPROM). You want REV 0022 or higher. Updating, if required would be replacing this small chip. Note that one of the 4 sides has a bevel, and one of the corners is notched."

See my attached photos. To access the chip do I need to remove this cover? Also, any idea what the input is for on the lower corner? Can I plug the DEX jack from the eport telemeter into it for cash sales?

The right picture shows your DEX port to the left of the battery. To see the flash chip, the cover needs to be removed.

Call USAT and see if the feature is turned on. Some machines just do not report cashless sales. USI being most of them.

Mine reports cash sales. 

The right picture shows your DEX port to the left of the battery. To see the flash chip, the cover needs to be removed.

Will I be able to see cash sales If I plug the DEX cable from my USAT into the machine DEX port?.....Can I just leave it plugged in?

Will I be able to see cash sales If I plug the DEX cable from my USAT into the machine DEX port?.....Can I just leave it plugged in?

You can leave it plugged in. You will be able to see the raw DEX if your agreement with USAT includes that. If you have that available, I'll find a way to post a sheet on how to read DEX files.

Archived